PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Removing calls from the Dialer

Posted 02-12-2020 11:30
    We use PureConenct and have a dialer setup to call customers in the morning. Sometimes, they beat the dialer and call us first and then get the dialer call later in the day. Is there an easy or automated way to remove calls that are already queued. I don't work directly with the dialer so I'm not sure how things work behind the scenes but have been told that it's not as simple as deleting a record from a table because that data has already been sent to the dialer and is now queued and waiting to go out. Any insight is appreciated. Has anyone had to deal with this?

Thanks in advance,

#SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Matthew Livingston
    OHIO HEALTH

• 2.  RE: Removing calls from the Dialer

Posted 02-12-2020 13:42
    Hi Matthew!

The easiest way to do this is with DNC.

Create a table with at least one column. Populate this column with the Unique Identifiers of contacts you don't want to call (Say, Account Number) when they call you.

You create a DNC source and then tell the campaign to scrub against that source, using the Account Number to scrub against.

If you need more details, I can explain in full, but I would recommend that whoever manages it attends the Dialer training.

You have been advised correctly that simply deleting the record from the table may cause issues.

HTH

• 3.  RE: Removing calls from the Dialer

Posted 02-19-2020 09:25
    Matthew,

As Paul points out DNC is what you would want for this. I've implemented something similar to what Paul mentioned for a few customers over the years. Typically we identify locations within the IVR where we would update the DNC and then when callers pass through these locations we would drop into a handler which would insert the record into the DNC table. If you want to get real fancy you can just write an attribute and then catch the attribute when the call deallocates, this is a nice way to prevent the caller from hearing silences while the table insert runs.

We also usually provide a date/time column in the DNC table with an expiration date for these DNC records. The though process is we stop dialer from calling the customer for a day or two but then after that the record is valid again to be dialed. Adding the expiration date in the DNC allows dialer to automatically remove expired DNC records which is very nice.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 4.  RE: Removing calls from the Dialer

Posted 02-12-2020 13:52
    Hi Matthew:

In addition to Mr. Simpson, please check this reference in order to understand the DNC behavior about JIT-Scrubbing.
    Link:  https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_dlr/mergedProjects/dialer_manager_help2/desktop/dnc_scrubbing_of_contact_numbers.htm

I hope this helps to your IDCE administrator.

William Martín Chávez González
    Systems Engineer
    Global Networks Solutions S.A.S.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources