PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Licensing requirements for SIP soft phone?

Posted 05-12-2020 15:55
    We are looking into adding SIP soft phones for a group of users. Is there a specific license requirement for SSP's?
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Nathan Timberlake
    Georgia United Credit Union

• 2.  RE: Licensing requirements for SIP soft phone?

Posted 05-12-2020 20:07
    They will need Basic Station Licenses, just like a Hardware phone would.

HTH

• 3.  RE: Licensing requirements for SIP soft phone?

Posted 05-18-2020 09:32
    We are being told that there is a software license required for each soft phone deployed in addition to the basic station license. I have looked everywhere and cannot find any documentation that shows this.

Nathan Timberlake
    Georgia United Credit Union

• 4.  RE: Licensing requirements for SIP soft phone?

Posted 05-18-2020 09:37
    Interesting...

I will investigate and see what I can find.

• 5.  RE: Licensing requirements for SIP soft phone?

Posted 05-18-2020 10:12
    OK,

Never let it be said that I don't admit when I'm wrong!

So, I have just spoken with our Licensing team and they tell me that you require the following:

Item #SW-001-4.0-AL01 Basic Station Audio connection to any internal party or device (phone, fax machine, or modem). Also required for remote station connections.

Item #SW-001-4.0-AL10 Interaction SIP SoftPhone Use the Interaction SIP Soft Phone on a general purpose computer, desktop or laptop, to make and receive station calls without a separate dedicated hardware endpoint. This software application includes a dial-pad and the capability to link with a windows sound device. This is a software part only - no hardware included with purchase. Requires a Basic Station License.

You live and learn...
    ​​
    HTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources