PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Contact Status

Posted 08-12-2019 17:44

Hi, 

I've been researching the Status of "D" for contact list. I am only seeing this:

https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_dlr/mergedProjects/dialer_manager_help2/desktop/contactlist_schema.htm

Please help.

Thanks

#Outbound

------------------------------
    Rechelle McConnell
    CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK

• 2.  RE: Contact Status

Posted 08-12-2019 17:51
    The statuses (both Contact and Number) are ultimately derived from the Wrap-Up category. I just looked through my categories and can see no "D".

It is possible someone has added such a status to a categoy on your system (although I have no idea how Dialer would react to it!_

I suggest you check all of the Wrap-Up categories to try to figure out where this is coming from.

HTH

• 3.  RE: Contact Status

Posted 08-12-2019 18:03

Hi Paul, 

I checked Wrap- Category configuration in IA (Interaction Administrator) to see if any of the codes set to status of "D" and didn't see it then I checked the data base which wrap up codes are setting it by joining Call List and Call History and seeing it everywhere. Then.. I am looking for store procedure on this one.  What's my next step?

Rechelle McConnell

• 4.  RE: Contact Status

Posted 08-13-2019 15:38
    As far as I am aware, if it isn't being set by the Wrap-Up category, then it isn't being set by Dialer.

Is it possible this is being accidentally imported with the contact list?
    Do you have any systems that access the Call list other than Dialer (whether a Stored Proceduce or some other system)?
    Have you managed to isolate anything in common between the records that have this Status (that other records don't have)?

• 5.  RE: Contact Status

Posted 08-14-2019 10:27
    I agree with Paul this D has to be coming from outside of CIC, or I should say outside of normal configuration. Here is the list of all of the statuses Dialer will set on a record: https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_dlr/mergedProjects/dialer_manager_help2/desktop/status_codes.htm

As you can see D is not set. I worked through a similar issue at a customer's site and we ended up finding that their ETL job which updated or refreshed the records was messing with the status column and setting some records to an invalid status for some reason. Alternately if you can find a record that changes to the D status you can then take the I3_identity (or maybe the I3RowID column I forget which one is referenced by dialer) and search the dialer tran server log (will need to be turned up to notes first) for every time CIC interacted with the record. If CIC is somehow setting the status to D you will see it in the log, if you don't see CIC changing the status then you know this must be coming from somewhere outside of CIC. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 6.  RE: Contact Status

Posted 08-14-2019 15:06
    Thank you Mark and Paul. I checked with our DBA and found out that there is a job outside CIC that sets records to 'D' where the account number is no longer valid and would cause a scripter error.

Rechelle McConne

• 7.  RE: Contact Status

Posted 08-14-2019 16:09
    I'm glad you found out where it was coming from!

Just as an FYI (perhaps mention to your DBA) I don't know what Dialer currently does (or will do in the future) with invalid statuses. There is a possibility that it may decide the contact is callable (maybe not now, but down the line...)

It is safer to use one of the built-in uncallable statuses (U, for example). Even better would be to remove it from the call list.

Finally, and this may be even neater. You can use DNC to scrub your account numbers. So, rather than setting the status to "D", the DBA would just add the (no invalid) account number to the DNC table and Dialer won't call it.....

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources