PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Custom Handler Issue

Posted 12-10-2021 15:20

I have a custom handler with a Subroutine initiator, then a Selection statement and finally subroutines for all possible Statements in the Selection.  This has been in our production system for almost 10 years now and it seems like the issue I am going to describe below happens about one a year. 

First, I have backups of all my custom handlers because of this exact issue. 

The majority of the time when I open Interaction Designer -> Custom Handler (Download handler from server), everything is there (Selection & Subroutines).  However, about once a year, when I download the handler from the server, it opens and it only has the Subroutine initiator and then an Assignment statement to set p_bTransferred = false.  So I have no idea how this happens, but when I look in IA -> System Configuration -> Interaction Processor -> IP Manager I see the custom handler being called and also the subroutines from the Selection statement.  These subroutines are not used by anything else in the system so I know the handler that is deployed to the server is correct but when I download it from the server it doesn't have the functionality we put in place. 

I've opened a ticket with support a few years ago but nothing conclusive was found to be causing this and with the way support is today, there's no use of opening the case again (this just happened to me today).  Has anyone else had this happen?  It also seems to only be this one particular custom handler.

Thanks,

Andrew

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 2.  RE: Custom Handler Issue

Posted 12-11-2021 13:03

What happens when you open the same custom handler from its published path on the server directly i3\ic\server\handlers? Is the extra assignment step there?

If it is, someone had to republish it. Check the modified date from the above location too. That would indicate when it was last published on the server. If the extra assignment step is not there, something is definitely wrong with the download from server method. 

John Sweet
    TSYS - Interactive Services

• 3.  RE: Custom Handler Issue

Posted 12-13-2021 09:29

I opened it from the I3\ic\server\handler location and my custom functionality is missing.  I am checking with the team to see if anyone has published this recently.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 4.  RE: Custom Handler Issue

Posted 12-13-2021 12:24
    Please remember that .id / .ihd files (those in i3/ic/Handlers are SOURCE code. Any of them (or anywhere else) could be the current version running.

Safest bet it to go to the File Menu in ID and "Download Handler from Server" This should get the currently published version....

HTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources