PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IC Random Name Changes for Supervisors

Posted 12-09-2019 16:36
    Hello,

About 2.5 weeks ago we started to see the last name of supervisors being changed to "Contact Centers" under directories in IC.  The information in IA shows the correct last name and display name.  This is only impacting supervisors and we do not use Contact Centers anywhere in IA.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  If so, can you tell me the fix to the problem?

Thanks!
    Tina
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 2.  RE: IC Random Name Changes for Supervisors

Posted 12-10-2019 09:54
    Edited by Mark Tatera 12-10-2019 09:55
    Tina,

This one sounds strange, I haven't seen it before. What version of CIC are you running? What is the up time of your CIC server? How many people are changing, is it all supervisors or only some? I wonder if maybe you are running an old version of CIC or perhaps something got scrambled and a reboot will fix it.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: IC Random Name Changes for Supervisors

Posted 12-10-2019 12:32
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for responding.  We are on 2018R4 P5 and this is only impacting supervisors. The server up time is 15 minutes.

Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 4.  RE: IC Random Name Changes for Supervisors

Posted 12-11-2019 11:11
    Tina,

Patch 5 is really early in the product life cycle for 2018 R4. To put it in perspective patch 34 for 2018 R4 was released yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if you are running into a known issue that was fixed somewhere between patch 5 and patch 34. I did a quick search of SCRs fixed and nothing stands out but there are tons of SCRs in the release notes (about 6,000 from my quick search) so it may be buried in there somewhere. Typically I don't upgrade a customer to a CIC version with a P release under 5 to 10 depending on what bugs are currently being fixed/reported in the version as it seems like the first few patches can sometimes have unexpected behavior.

Have you opened a ticket with your VAR to see if Genesys has seen this issue before? It is really strange that the agent's configuration has the correct name but when looking at the user in ICBM or the client the name is being changed, this seems like some sort of caching issue in client services.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 5.  RE: IC Random Name Changes for Supervisors

Posted 12-11-2019 11:24
    Hi Mark,

After further investigation I believe this is related to an API that runs early each morning which updates our directory.  We have some customization built in for our Dial by Name directory because the rest of our company is on Avaya.  The api updates new user names, phones, and anything else.  I had thought the issue was corrected until I came in this morning and saw the same changes.  It is save to say we need to look further into our api and the what changes may may been implemented from database.

Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 6.  RE: IC Random Name Changes for Supervisors

Posted 12-11-2019 11:38
    Tina,

Interesting, I was not aware of a way to mess with the built in Company Directory. In the past when I was bridging unlike systems I would have the other phone system export a user list and then I would build an ETL job to dump the records from both the external system and CIC into the Contacts table within the CIC database which would make a unified directory. Granted this was before LDAP directories.

Without understanding your entire environment maybe you can get what you are looking for with the LDAP directory instead of a custom API messing with the Company Directory.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

• 7.  RE: IC Random Name Changes for Supervisors

Posted 12-11-2019 11:57
    Interestingly enough, the term "Contact Centers" is not used anywhere with IA or elsewhere in our AD.  We did just discover that "Contact Centers" is used in Optimizer which we have just started using.

Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources