PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Reporting on Call Transfer Source and Target

Posted 01-14-2021 12:41
    Is anyone doing any analysis and reporting on transferred calls? I'm trying to find an easy way to determine where calls are transferred from and where we are commonly transferring them to. For instance, we have one workgroup that gets a lot of calls transferred in. I need an easy way to report on where those calls are coming from within our system so that I can determine whether I've got misleading call flow prompts causing callers to select the wrong options or whether we have callers dialing into the wrong the lines altogether. Conversely, I've got one workgroup that we know gets lots of calls and transfers a majority of those calls to other workgroups, but I can't easily report on where those calls are being sent to most often. Has anyone found a way to report on the transfer source and transfer target without accessing the raw data? If you're accessing the raw data, would you mind sharing?

I can get this data I need by looking into the call logs for individual interactions, but who has time for that? Hoping someone has a better method.
    Thanks in advance!
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Kristin

• 2.  RE: Reporting on Call Transfer Source and Target

GENESYS
    Posted 01-15-2021 09:55
    Hey Kristin - 

I'm a consultant for Avtex, and we built a package of reports with Power BI, including a "Transfer Analytics" report.  Below is a screenshot.  But this allows our customers to filter on transfer source and destination, media type, queue (if applicable), and transfer type (blind, consult, park).

And in the table in the middle, you can see that agent Trent Vance had 18 transfers across that time period.  Two of those transfers went to Customer Service, and of those two 1 was answered by Gladys and the other was answered by Sylvester.  If I needed to, I could even drill down into the actual event details of those transfers and see the call log, ANI/DNIS, skills, notes on the call that an agent may have inserted, and then export all of that data right from my browser.

There are all sorts of other features too, like subscribing to reports (scheduling reports), comments, notifications to mobile devices, etc.  Let me know what you think and I'd be more than happy to arrange a demo. 

Thanks,
    Trent.

• 3.  RE: Reporting on Call Transfer Source and Target

Posted 01-20-2021 13:29
    Thanks, Trent. I'm hoping for something we can do with the tools we have, but I'll keep this mind.

Kristin Rappe
    Roche Diabetes Care, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Reporting on Call Transfer Source and Target

Posted 01-15-2021 10:18
    Kristin,

I use the wrap code table for this reporting.  All of our queues require wrap codes, so I can query for interactions that have more than 1 wrap code.  For this I only report the WorkgroupID, SegmentID, StartdatetimeUTC.  It shows quickly that a call came into the first queue, but had to be handled in another queue.  I then join this to the interactionsummary to get DNIS and IVRHistory to get IVR Exit.

Tim

Tim Cannon

• 5.  RE: Reporting on Call Transfer Source and Target

GENESYS
    Posted 01-15-2021 10:30
    Outside of WapUp Codes, make sure you enable the "Track Routing Exceptions" inside of the Interaction Administrator -> Interaction Tracker -> Configuration -> Items Tracked tab.

This will allow Transfers, FlowOuts, and Abandons to be tracked at a very granular level within the database.  For any sort of reporting like this, the dataset that gets enabled by that configuration should be your first stop.

• 6.  RE: Reporting on Call Transfer Source and Target

Posted 01-20-2021 13:30
    Thanks for the tip!

Kristin Rappe

• 7.  RE: Reporting on Call Transfer Source and Target

Posted 01-15-2021 23:28
    Kristen,

There is a view in the database titled 'EE_TransferEvents_Viw​. As Trent noted, you need to enable data reporting to this table with 'Track Reporting Exceptions'

Contained in that view are among other things:
    • SourceQueueName
    • SourceUserName
    • TargetQueueName
    • TargetUserName

One simple way to query the raw data would be the following:

Select SourceQueueName,count(*)

From EE_TransferEvents_viw

Where TargetQueueName = '//your workgroup transferred to' and DATEADD(SECOND, EventDTOffset, EventDateTimeUTC) between '2020-12-01' and '2021-01-01'

Group By SourceQueueName

Order By SourceQueueName

That will give you the name and count of the workgroups that transferred calls to the workgroup in question.

Hopefully that helps. The raw data here is pretty plain, but its a start. The report package from Avtex is spot on. I've seen demo's and its impressive.

Craig Petermann
    Matrix Absence Management

• 8.  RE: Reporting on Call Transfer Source and Target

Posted 01-20-2021 13:39
    Thanks a bunch, Craig! We'll give this a shot.

Kristin Rappe

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources