PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Media Server

Posted 12-12-2021 00:15
    Hi,

While adding command server (part of media server config), I am getting below error -

Also tried adding server using REST API http://192.168.1.182:8084/api/v1/commandservers, which also fails with error show below -

Authentication Failed

You are not authorized to view this page!

Please ensure you supply the correct credentials. If you were not prompted for a
    username and password, ensure your browser supports HTTP Digest authentication.

I have enabled the REST API using media server configuration.

Any help/pointers are appreciated.

Thanks.
    #PureConnectQAEpisode

------------------------------
    Sukhadeo Prasad
    Consilium Software Inc Pte Ltd

• 2.  RE: Interaction Media Server

Posted 12-12-2021 09:11
    Hi Sukhadeo,

This error means the username and password you entered when building the connection is not correct. This username and password should be a local  user Account on the PureConnect system that has admin privileges. 

Thank you,
     Scott

Scott WilliAMs
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 3.  RE: Interaction Media Server

Posted 12-12-2021 13:20
    Edited by Sukhadeo Prasad 12-12-2021 13:21
    Hi WilliAMs,

Thanks for your reply , 
    for your information , I have tried with Local user Account as well on the PureConnect system which has admin rights but still the result is same . also , I have set the REST API credentials in interaction media server but getting 401 Unauthorized  .

Authentication Failed
    You are not authorized to view this page!

Please ensure you supply the correct credentials. If you were not prompted for a username and password, ensure your browser supports HTTP Digest authentication.

Thanks.
    #PureConnectQAEpisode

Sukhadeo Prasad

Sukhadeo Prasad

• 4.  RE: Interaction Media Server

Posted 12-13-2021 06:03
    To add a Media Server you need "IC Authentication" enabled. If you only use Windows Intergrated Authentication you must switchon "IC authentication" in

IC Administrator / System Configuration / Configuration / Connection Security / Configure Login Authentication

then add the Media-Server. Afterwards you can restore the original authentication settings.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 5.  RE: Interaction Media Server

Posted 12-13-2021 12:20
    Related to this, common issue in class, make sure you are using the IC password and not the Windoze one!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources