PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Updating User/Individual information

Posted 06-07-2021 10:03
    I am having issues updating user's information, such Department.  I can do it just fine via Business Manager, however we are going to do a large restructructuring and we will need to update 300+ users so I was hoping to make it less manual.

I tried it via the IceLib API and I get an error that I don't have sufficient permission to do it. I got at it via an EditableContactEntry because you can't update PersonalInformation via the UserConfiguation.Property, but you CAN update skills via the UserConfiguration.

I tried simply updating the database table, individual, and that will update the database, but the update doesn't show in Business Manager.--That defeats the purpose.

Any suggestions, or thoughts about what I'm doing wrong?
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #SystemAdministration
    #WEM/Optimizer

------------------------------
    Kenn Lambing
    OHIOHEALTH

• 2.  RE: Updating User/Individual information

Posted 06-08-2021 10:27
    All of the information that you'd be updating would be stored in directory services on the IC server, meaning that you could write a custom handler to update the values programmatically, either writing rules to dictate your changes within the handler or potentially reading from a file to input your changes.

I can't really provide any feedback regarding icelib since I exclusively use the ICWS api for Pureconnect.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Updating User/Individual information
    Best Answer

Posted 06-09-2021 04:40
    I checked it on 2021R1 with IceLib and could set the Department in PersonalInformation of the UserConfiguration.

configurationObject.PersonalInformation.Department.Value = "My department";

see "Update the current user" in IceLib Quick Reference Guide for an example.

---------------------------------------------
    Hans-Gerd Sandhagen
    Software Developer
    Fiebig GmbH
    ---------------------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Updating User/Individual information

Posted 06-09-2021 07:36
    Thank you!  That worked.
    I was using configurationObject.PersonalInformation.Department = "My department" and I kept getting an error that the value was read only.

Grr, I'm excited that this worked, but I'm mad that it was that easy and I missed it.

Kenn Lambing
    OHIOHEALTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources