PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Alert for no calls to a workgroup

Posted 05-25-2021 18:59
    I just had a customer ask me if they could set up an alert for no calls to a workgroup. Basically if the workgroup goes x minutes without a call, it triggers an alert. I don't see how to do this in Supervisor/ICBM. Has anyone done a customization or used something from the marketplace?
    #PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    Tony Curoso
    American Telesource, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Alert for no calls to a workgroup

Posted 05-26-2021 14:29
    I have before........but i built it super complicated

if i had to redo it i would:
    Build a timer based handler to run every (x time) then do an ACD statistics (Queue)
    Get all the call numbers / how every you whish to track it. (i'd use multiple criteria but you look at what you want to do)
    If tis every zero then start incrementing a counter. (global variable)
    Based on timing / counter level set some kind of alert to fire when counter hits 5 (aka every 5 minutes handlers runs and it ran (0-5) 6 times with zero calls so its been 30 minutes) And when ever it hits zero calls but then hits call next time around reset counter etc.

That would be a pretty basic set up, that an experience handler developer could knock out in under 1 hour.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 3.  RE: Alert for no calls to a workgroup

Posted 05-26-2021 14:49
    Might test this alert to see if it meets the requirement. I don't see where to set a duration so not sure if it triggers every half-hour, hour, daily etc.

Brad Goff
    Palo Alto Networks, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Alert for no calls to a workgroup

Posted 05-26-2021 14:55
    Edited by ryan hedlund 05-26-2021 14:55
    It triggers any time the queue has zero calls.

When I said I used a base alert, (this is it); I customized around it, but I think that is more work then just a simple timer based handler and statistics check with a counter.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 5.  RE: Alert for no calls to a workgroup

Posted 05-26-2021 15:52
    Ryan, 
    I figured it would be something like that. I am an inexperienced handler developer but I'll probably be able to put one together. Thanks for the feedback.

Tony Curoso
    American Telesource, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Alert for no calls to a workgroup

Posted 05-27-2021 07:40
    Yea using the base alert will be more work IMO. A custom handler would be best.
    If you haven't taken the handler class yet maybe a good case for you todo so.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources