PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  High priority call handling

Posted 03-04-2020 19:37
    Hi
    Is there anyway to notify agents that a high priority as opposed to a normal call has entered the queue.

Thanks in advance of any help.

S
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Simon Oakes

• 2.  RE: High priority call handling

Posted 03-04-2020 21:58
    Edited by Aaron Lael 03-04-2020 21:58
    An easy option for this would be to have the call queued to a separate workgroup and use ICBM supervisor alerts to trigger a client memo or email to your target group of agents, alerting them to the presence of the call.  This involves no custom handlers, which is why I consider it an easy (but probably not ideal) option.

A "medium" difficulty solution would be to use a custom handler at the ACD Offering (for your media type) customization point to send a notification to your users (email) when an interaction with specific attributes or priorities are detected in the handler.

A "harder" solution could be to build an application in ICWS to monitor the queue for interactions with specific priority or attributes and then also use ICWS to send a client memo to a grouping of agents with things like the interaction ID of the priority call and any other details you may want to convey.

I'm betting there are people on here with better ideas, but hopefully this helps get the ball rolling.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: High priority call handling

Posted 03-05-2020 12:27
    Thanks Aaron, I'll pass this advice on.

Simon Oakes

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources