PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Authentication with new DCs failing

Posted 07-29-2019 10:58
    We are currently moving from our older DCs to 2016 DCs company wide.  Pure Connect is the only application that will not authenticate with the new servers.  When trying to use Windows Authentication with any app,  Interaction desktop, ICBM, IA etc., authentication fails with the new 2016 Servers enabled.  I have heard that KB4507460 and KB4507459 on the AD Server this can happen so we will be testing that out tonight but has anyone else had this issue.  CIC is on Server 2012 and we are on 2018 R3 at this time. 

Thanks!
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Security
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Kevin Keller
    FortisBC Energy Inc.

• 2.  RE: Authentication with new DCs failing

Posted 07-30-2019 05:53
    Hi Kevin,

Can you explain a little bit about what you mean by "PureConnect is the only application that will not authenticate".   What is the authentication that is needed?

To my knowledge, PureConnect does not need to authenticate to the domain as an application. It just needs to be able to access the DNS, DHCP.   

Any problems with authentication between two servers are probably related to the OS itself.   Have you looked into the SSL connectivity support?

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 3.  RE: Authentication with new DCs failing

Posted 07-30-2019 20:34
    Hi Kevin,
    Do you mean that the IC service is unable to start / authenticate, or do you mean the users are unable to login to the client using their windows credentials?

• 4.  RE: Authentication with new DCs failing

Posted 07-31-2019 10:43
    Thanks for the responses.  What is happening is that as soon as we activate a 2016 DC, application authentication fails.  Interaction Desktop and ICBM give an error when trying to open using Windows Auth.  IA and Attendant etc. require a password.  We are reallly stumped and are working with several vendors to try and resolve.  Other authentication, such as logging onto the server and services starting all work fine.  Very strange.

Kevin Keller
    FortisBC Energy Inc.

• 5.  RE: Authentication with new DCs failing

Posted 07-31-2019 11:01
      |   view attached

This sounds like an SSO issue, I would most definitely start by looking in this document(attached), depending on how SSO was setup (AD FS, 3rd Party provider etc):

Also, Paul probably has other insights, but I would go through this document, the troubleshooting section does provide some help.

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

Attachment(s)

• 6.  RE: Authentication with new DCs failing

Posted 07-31-2019 15:44
    Thanks so much Egill.  I will take a look at this document!

Kevin Keller
    FortisBC Energy Inc.

• 7.  RE: Authentication with new DCs failing

Posted 08-06-2019 17:10
    Thanks everyone.  This just magically started working while we were performing some tests.  No idea the cause but thanks for the help.

Kevin Keller
    FortisBC Energy Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources