PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  External call port (basic sessions)

Posted 12-03-2021 16:25

Does anyone know  where external call ports are enforced? Is it at tsserver or the media server? 
    What happens when the external call ports are exhausted? 

We've got a discussion going on internally on basic sessions and media server pooling and I think some mixing of terms/ideas is occurring, but couldn't find clear documentation on it. 

Thanks,

#Telephony

------------------------------
    Eric Berkshire
    Broker Solutions, Inc. DBA New American Funding

• 2.  RE: External call port (basic sessions)
    Best Answer

Posted 12-05-2021 21:12
    Hey Eric, I am pretty sure this happens in TS. As I believe a lot of the logic would be just recycle from earlier versions (pre media server)

I have never looked into it but I am guessing no one built that logic onto the media servers when it should have already existed in TS.  (Unless licensing was mapped to HMP resources back in that day)

ryan hedlund

• 3.  RE: External call port (basic sessions)

Posted 12-05-2021 21:30
    Looking through event strings: this looks like it thrown form TS (TS Internal Port count for debugging)

0x13A6, "Call was not completed because all External Call Ports are currently in use. Please check your licensing configuration to ensure the system is correctly configured with the expected licenses.%n\r\nVersion:%t%t%1%n\r\nCall ID:%t%t%2%n\r\nRemote Number:%t%3%n\r\nPorts Requested by failed operation:%t%4%n\r\nPorts Returned on failed operation:%t%5%n\r\nPorts License Manager has in use:%t%6%n\r\nPorts Allowed by current license:%t%7%n\r\n%n\r\nTS Internal Port count for debugging:%t%8%n\r\n%n\r\n%n\r\n%n\r\nIf additional information is available, it can be found at%n\r\nhttps://my.inin.com/Support/Pages/Event-Search.aspx?EventID=5030%n\r\n"

And looking at a media server it only appears to have core event tracing as far as I can see. Which makes since its in TS as well since its a license file that the media server would nto really look at.

ryan hedlund

• 4.  RE: External call port (basic sessions)

Posted 12-06-2021 11:40

Thanks Hedlund. That's what I thought as well.  

So the follow up question is if I have two sites, can the external call ports(base session) be pooled? I don't believe they can. I think each site is limited by the number of call ports while the media servers are able to be pooled for n+1 redundancy. 

Eric Berkshire

• 5.  RE: External call port (basic sessions)

Posted 12-06-2021 11:46
    Eric PM me and we can connect. I assume multi site?

ryan hedlund

• 6.  RE: External call port (basic sessions)

GENESYS
    Posted 12-06-2021 11:11
    Here is the documentation on that. External Call Port is the old name for "Basic Session".

https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedProjects/wh_tr/mergedProjects/wh_tr_media_server/desktop/interaction_media_server_licensing.htm

Scott Thomas
    Director of PM
    PureConnect

• 7.  RE: External call port (basic sessions)

Posted 12-06-2021 11:43
    Thanks Scott. While that documentation describes the licenses from the media server perspective, it doesn't go in to enough depth to answer my questions.

Eric Berkshire

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources