PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IP Range Conflict

Posted 07-23-2019 00:17

We are running a PureConnect Platform and we use to share this platform with external parties we are working with - the second line, the back office, …

We are on the way to add a new partner but the IP ranges we are using for our PureConnect platform is already in use within the environment of this partner.

Do you have experience with this type of design ?  What is the best solution to address this situation.

Thanks to share any experience, solution, recommendation.

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Bernard Questiaux
    N-Allo

• 2.  RE: IP Range Conflict

Posted 07-23-2019 09:52
    Bernard,

You may need to stick an SBC between your office and the 3rd party. The SBC can "hide" all of the phones behind it so that all phones will register with the IP address of the SBC interface. This way the remote party can have whatever IP addresses they want for their phones. The other benefit is you can add some additional security around SIP and RTP with this 3rd party too.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: IP Range Conflict

Posted 07-23-2019 10:31
    I'm with Mark on this one.

You can kind of think of an SBC being like a "Firewall for Telephony" which can dome something very similar to NAT, but for VoIP. It reminates all the SIP sessions and then re-creates them on the other side, so the two networks are isolated. Of course, the two networks will have to be different network numbers, but that's the same as for any network services....

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources