Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  change or delete Acd Category during "life" of interaction

Posted 03-30-2021 10:08

#AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #HandlerQuestions
    #Handlers

Hello All,

Now, I'm solving task to route email to last agent and if agent is not available after some time rereoute interaction to other members of workgroup.

Q1: is it possible to update or delete "Category" during life of interaction?
    E.g. Interaction is routed to first target e.g. dedicated agent, before that add category1 to interaction. Interaction is waiting in queue and waiting for dedicated agent to be available.
    When timeout occurs, category should be deleted. So interaction could be routed to anyone who is available in workgroup queue.

Q2: can I change category set in above case? e.g. after timeout delete category1 and add category2 to interaction? Interaction should have just one category.

Q3: I think if block "Add category to interaction"  is applied to "interaction" more times, interaction will include more categories. Is it correct?

Can you explain how can I achive above task?

Thank you very much for hints

Pavel​​​​
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Handlers
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Pavel Broska
    Alcasys Slovakia a.s

• 2.  RE: change or delete Acd Category during "life" of interaction

Posted 03-30-2021 10:12

The handler tool ACD Specify Interaction category both adds and removes categories from interactions.  This is controlled by the checkbox that says whether or not the category is required (from the help docs):

Agents must be in this category

If this option is selected, one or more agents must be in the category before the call can be assigned to that category. If this option is not selected, it removes the call from the specified category.

So if you wanted to change a category, you would use this tool to add your new category with the checkbox checked and then use it again with your old category with the checkbox unchecked.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources