PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Ring on callback

Posted 09-25-2019 05:36
    Hello, we are using call backs. In the current setup, agents only get a desktop popup alerting them. Is there an easy way to setup an audible ring, similar to the inbound call alert?

Many thanks
    #Outbound
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Peter Porubsky
    Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd.

• 2.  RE: Ring on callback

Posted 09-25-2019 08:40

In Interaction Desktop > Options > Configuration > Alerting > My Interaction Ring Sounds you can set the audio file for "All Other Interactions", this will be the audible ring played when an Agent is alerted for a Callback Request.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 3.  RE: Ring on callback

GENESYS
    Posted 09-27-2019 12:04
    As Andrew mentioned, you can configure audible alerts in the client depending on which client you're utilizing. 
    What client are you currently utilizing and are you looking for an audible alert purely on the client/desktop or something in addition to that?

Tyler Hammer
    Associate Software Engineer - Genesys

• 4.  RE: Ring on callback

Posted 02-23-2021 12:42
    Edited by Monica Michaud 02-23-2021 12:42

Was a solution ever found for this?

@Tyler Hammer - ​We have a customer group also interested in adding an audible ring to the alert on a callback. We are using the browser version of Genesys Cloud (formerly Pure Cloud), and would be looking for this to provide the audible alert in the browser client.

I've seen a bit on the community about using custom handlers, but I'm not aware of how/where one might set this up in Genesys Cloud or if this is only possible in PureConnect.  (https://community.genesys.com/digestviewer29/viewthread?GroupId=55&MID=69422&CommunityKey=cf214c8f-5206-4010-9b2c-2085cbd65a44&tab=digestviewer#bm97b3e704-34fd-4024-a574-de4efc8b650e)

Is there an easy way to set up this alert ringing for callbacks, similar to a normal phone call?

Thanks!
    -Monica

Monica Michaud
    Koch Business Solutions

• 5.  RE: Ring on callback

Posted 02-23-2021 13:40
    Monica,

Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud) and PureConnect are two completely different products. Both were originally produced by Interactive Intelligence, when PureConnect was known as CIC, and become part of the Genesys product lineup, with CIC being rebranded, when Genesys Acquired Interactive Intelligence a few years ago.

As you surmise, Handlers are specific to PureConnect. If you have questions concerning the Genesys Cloud product, I recommend you ask them in the corresponding forum, where you will find folks who should be able to assist you.

HTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources