PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WebRTC PureCloud Integration

Posted 01-27-2020 16:09
    This is a general question. 

If a customer has PureConnect, and they integrate with PureCloud to use WebRTC, in Admin on the PureCloud Configuration tab panel, there is an option for the Region, "North America". Does the system know to differentiate between East and West regions? If so, is it based on the short-name that is entered? 

Adding for visibility @Mark Luker

#Integrations

------------------------------
    Angelia Harper
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 2.  RE: WebRTC PureCloud Integration

Posted 01-28-2020 03:11
    Hi Angelia,

Before you connect to PureCloud/GenesysCloud.  You need to have a PureCloud instance set up for you by Genesys.  You decide which region you set it up in.

Then when you connect PureConnect to it, you will need to select the Region you specified in the setup instructions of PureCloud.  It will know the Organization name when connecting.  If you select a different Region, then it will not recognize it.

Org and Region must go together and match the instance created for you in PureCloud by Genesys. 

Hope this helps,

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 3.  RE: WebRTC PureCloud Integration

Posted 01-28-2020 08:39
    Thanks Egill, I understand the setup process, my question is does the Administrator side know that there is now a US West Region? The only option that we have is North America. I would like to know if this understands that we do not only have US East, but also US West. We set up an org a while back and it did not function with a US West org. I am curious how this Region in PureConnect works.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 4.  RE: WebRTC PureCloud Integration

Posted 01-28-2020 09:12
    Ahh ok understood :)

As I understand it PureConnect will send a request to the DNS services in AWS for the Region Selected and get the information based on the shortname and email address.  My understanding is also that you can't have the same Org set up in many Regions with the same shortname(i might be wrong on that).

I know that agents with problems need to log in to a different path for East and West, which seems to point out there are two different configurations, and PureConnect can only contact the default one which is US East.

This is probably of little help, but I was just thinking about this scenario also, even though I am not facing the same thing as you :)

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 5.  RE: WebRTC PureCloud Integration

Posted 05-27-2020 17:20
    Per Case 2746119

I discussed this with our PureCloud team and it looks like your PureCloud Org is not in a region that let's Interaction Administrator synchronize the necessary information. The only way to get the Integration to work would be to have whoever created the PureCloud Org, create a new one in the US East region. Once that is complete then you could use that PureCloud Org in the Interaction Administrator configuration to enable the integration. There is an SCR to add the US West Region to IA but that isn't in the product until 2020R3, IC-157594.

Mark Luker
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources