PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IVR Abandons Definition

Posted 02-08-2021 14:58
    Hi - I'm looking for a "layperson" definition of how abandons are identified in Attendant.  I know how they are calculated, but it would be helpful to have a more general description that I can convey to my business counterparts.

Thanks!
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Cloud Administrator
    FedPoint
    fedpointusa.com

• 2.  RE: IVR Abandons Definition

Posted 02-09-2021 10:00
    Hi Barry,

I always explain abandon to my contact people as "calls in queue that do not reach an agent before the call is disconnected". I use the word disconnected because i can't always be sure why the call disconnected; caller hung up, carrier issue or somebody disconnected the call from ICBM.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 3.  RE: IVR Abandons Definition

Posted 02-10-2021 04:28
    Hi,
    I think that  unfortunatly the definition is not precisely correct, in my experience an abandoned call is a call with a "remote disconnect" (for any reson) while in the queue,
    If you force a disconnection  having a "local disconnect" (for example because the caller accepted a callback or because it stays to long in a queue or though clients) that call is not count as abandoned
    BTW if you are using callbacks in queue, the count of abandoned calls is a mess... : it depends if the call is remote or local disconnect, for instance if the caller hang up during the final message after you have created the callback, that call will be count as abandoned also if it's not a "real" abandoned call

Sergio P
    Bizmatica Sistemi S.p.a.

• 4.  RE: IVR Abandons Definition

Posted 02-10-2021 08:11
    Hi Sergio,

I think you are right on local disconnect. Looking at some documentation i see an entry that says:

Abandons include:
     Disconnects before the queue interaction is connected to a user or agent. This only includes remote disconnects. IC has special processing to count local disconnects as answered, then disconnected.

My SLA side doesn't like that, this means supervisors could disconnect holding calls to keep metric's in place and we couldn't see it unless people were complaining about getting disconnected.  Good Catch!

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 5.  RE: IVR Abandons Definition

Posted 02-10-2021 08:18
    Hi - just to clarify, I'm not looking for abandon calls in the queue.  I'm looking for call abandons in Attendant.  While I know some companies define IVR abandons differently, I'm trying to understand how the current platform logic defines a call abandon when it occurs in the IVR.

Hope this helps.

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Cloud Administrator
    FedPoint
    fedpointusa.com

• 6.  RE: IVR Abandons Definition

Posted 02-11-2021 00:02

​I don't think there is an all encompassing way to identify abandons in the IVR - that will likely be up to how you want to define an abandon based on what your IVR does.

For example - if your IVR functions to capture a time entry on a jobsite … if the caller enters their authentication information, and choses the option to enter their time - but disconnects before the time is fully entered and validated - that might be identified as an IVR abandon. In that case - I build my IVR to track that a caller entered one specific point in the IVR and also track that the IVR function was completed successfully. The absence of that second data point would showcase the IVR Abandon.

That is a very basic example - but hopefully gets my thought out clearly.

Craig Petermann
    Matrix Absence Management

• 7.  RE: IVR Abandons Definition

GENESYS
    Posted 02-11-2021 09:23
    Hey Barry - 

IVR Abandons are simply remote disconnects while the call is in the IVR.  As matter of fact, if you turn on "Track Exception Routing" in the Interaction Administrator -> Interaction Tracker -> Configuration -> Items Tracked tab, they will be written to the database with the CallIDKey (among quite a bit of other information).  

Keep in mind the classic example of "checking an account balance" in an IVR.  If a caller calls in and hangs up (remotely disconnects) after getting their balance, it will be an IVR abandon.  However, if the caller calls in, hears their balance, and then Attendant disconnects the call, it will not be a remote disconnect, and therefore will not count as an IVR abandon.

Thanks,
    Trent.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources