PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to Set Time Zone While Creating an Agent?

Posted 08-24-2020 14:22
    Hi,

My code to create a new agent is as follows:

public void CreateUser(UserInfo _UserInfo) { ConfigurationManager manager = ConfigurationManager.GetInstance(this.session); UserConfigurationList userConfigurationList = new UserConfigurationList(manager); try { UserConfiguration user = userConfigurationList.CreateObject(); user.PrepareForEdit(); user.SetConfigurationId(_UserInfo.UserId.Trim()); // "$"+ user.SetPassword(_UserInfo.Password, true); user.SetDisplayName($"{_UserInfo.GivenName} {_UserInfo.Surname}"); user.PersonalInformation.GivenName.Value = _UserInfo.GivenName; user.PersonalInformation.Surname.Value = _UserInfo.Surname; if(!String.IsNullOrEmpty(_UserInfo.MailboxAddress)) user.PersonalInformation.EmailAddress.Value = _UserInfo.MailboxAddress; if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(_UserInfo.Extension)) { user.Extension.Value = _UserInfo.Extension; } if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(_UserInfo.Workstation)) { user.DefaultWorkstation.Value = new ConfigurationId(_UserInfo.Workstation); } if (_UserInfo.Roles != null) { foreach (string roleId in _UserInfo.Roles) { user.Roles.Value.Add(new ConfigurationId(roleId)); } } if (_UserInfo.Workgroups != null) { foreach (string workgroupId in _UserInfo.Workgroups) { user.Workgroups.Value.Add(new ConfigurationId(workgroupId)); } } user.NtDomainUser.Value = _UserInfo.NTDomainUser; user.License.LicenseAllocationType.Value = ININ.IceLib.Configuration.DataTypes.LicenseAllocationType.Assignable; user.Commit(); } catch (Exception ex) { throw ex; } }​

There are three things I couldn't figure out:

1. How to set Default Location or Time Zone
    2. Why "Display Name" couldn't be set up.
    3. How to set up Mailbox (i.e. user.Mailbox).

Any idea will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regads...

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Implementation
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Ali Koyuncu
    Asseco SEE Bilisim Teknolojileri A.S.

• 2.  RE: How to Set Time Zone While Creating an Agent?

Posted 08-27-2020 02:13
    Hello Ali,

In regards to the display name question: https://help.genesys.com/developer/cic/docs/icelib/webhelp/html/da63481e-473f-a8c6-a5e0-eb9d755d27af.htm

Setting the display name for a UserConfiguration object cannot be done using SetDisplayName(String). The display name for a UserConfiguration object can be set/retrieved from the DisplayName value.

Kind regards,

Dieter

Dieter Wijnen
    Telenet BVBA

• 3.  RE: How to Set Time Zone While Creating an Agent?

Posted 08-28-2020 07:00
    Hi, Dieter,

Thank you for your support and reply.

I have tried. However, Mailbox.DisplayName is (and other properties are) read-only. So, am I missing something? Or is there any way to set Mailbox properties editeble?

Regards,

Ali Koyuncu

• 4.  RE: How to Set Time Zone While Creating an Agent?

Posted 09-21-2020 06:20
    Hi,

Any news regarding the following case?

Do you have any sample code for

• Setting DisplayName property,
    • Initailazing and setting NT Domain Name
    • Setting TimeZone
    ?

Thank you.

Ali Koyuncu

• 5.  RE: How to Set Time Zone While Creating an Agent?

Posted 09-21-2020 11:10
    Ali,

I see you have a Mailserver integration set up and are defining a Mailbox?

In this situation, everything on the Personal Information tab of the User is Read Only since it is imported from (and subsequently synchronized with) the Mail System. This means that you only have to manage the information in one place (the Mail System).

HTH

• 6.  RE: How to Set Time Zone While Creating an Agent?

Posted 09-23-2020 04:13
    Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

So, you mean we cannot modify Mailbox and NT Domain related settings by ICELib, right?

Regards,

Ali

Ali Koyuncu

• 7.  RE: How to Set Time Zone While Creating an Agent?

Posted 09-23-2020 12:18
    I can't comment on those two settings, I was explaining why I think you weren't able to set the Display Name (original issue #2)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources