PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Desktop and Remote

Posted 11-25-2020 05:48
    Hello guys,
    I have a question, better a little issue...and perhaps someone of you already had some experience on that.
    We have the big part of our users in Remote Number connection.
    The problem is that the "remote number" is visible in the Address book below the column "logged on".
    Okay it's normal, but for privacy purpose it has been requested to hide this information from the address book.
    We can remove the column, sure, but it's not a strong solution, anyone can add it again.
    Do you have had similar experience? Have you found a permanent solution?
    Please let me know
    Thanks!
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Davide Graziani
    Arval Service Lease
    ITALY

• 2.  RE: Interaction Desktop and Remote

Posted 11-26-2020 04:29
    Hey Davide,

You should be able to hide this Column by removing Access to it using Access Control for all roles that have this checked.  This way no one can add it again unless they have the rights to do it.

First remove the *[All] rights from the Directory Status Columns, then just check the ones you want to be visable.

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

• 3.  RE: Interaction Desktop and Remote

Posted 11-26-2020 07:50
    Hello Egill,
    thank you for your feedback. We did it, but removing the rights...Interaction Desktop stopped to work.
    We will not able to perform call anymore.
    Davide

Davide Graziani
    Arval Service Lease

• 4.  RE: Interaction Desktop and Remote

Posted 11-26-2020 05:31
    Hi Davide,

One solution is as you state to hide the column for the users.
    But I guess the solution is to create Remote Stations and in them link the remote number instead. Thus displaying the Remote Station name and not the number in the client.

Pontus Bjorling
    Senzum IT Services AB

• 5.  RE: Interaction Desktop and Remote

Posted 11-26-2020 07:57
    Hello Pontus, 
    thank you for your replay, it was a path we thought about...but we have more then 10000 users, and create a remote station and assing manually a mobile phone number it's a very huge work...and also to maintain that configuration updated (in case someone change the mobile number for instance) it would require a lot of effort.

Davide Graziani
    Arval Service Lease

• 6.  RE: Interaction Desktop and Remote

Posted 11-26-2020 14:28

Ah I see, yes for that amount of users I too understand that it is not a suitable solution.

I checked the documentation and was looking for a way to script this but I do not find a good way neither via a handler or icws.

One way would be the import station procedure but no, it would be an administrative nightmare :)

Pontus Björling
    CTO
    Senzum AB, Sweden

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources