PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Time off planning and performance

Posted 10-30-2020 11:09
    Hi.

We are currently on Pure Connect 2018 R2 Patch8.  Session Manager resides on our CIC servers.  One significant issue we deal with on a weekly basis are Time Off Request approvals, and how each "approval" propagates throughout the system, updating every single "time off request" session or tab that supervisors have open at the time.  This significantly drains our CIC servers of performance causing multiple issues.  We continue to "ask" that supervisors stay out of Time off Planning unless absolutely necessary, however that doesn't seem to help.  Future state, we are looking at moving Session Manager off to dedicated servers, but for now, can someone answer the following question:

Is there a way to limit how many supervisors have access to the Time Of Planning section within the Optimizer Workspace in ICBM?  We would like to limit that number but allow supervisors the ability to manage other aspects of Optimizer.  Is that possible?  Or is it "all or nothing"?

Thanks!
    JC
    #WEM/Optimizer

------------------------------
    Jason Carden
    Unum

• 2.  RE: Time off planning and performance

GENESYS
    Posted 11-02-2020 08:39
    Edited by Chip Funk 11-02-2020 08:39
    Hi Jason,

Not sure I completely understand your request but you do have the ability to limit resources ability to View, Modify, Delete and Create, time off requests in Optimizer.  You can limit it for each SU configured.  The Permission is an access control included in the Optimizer category.  

Chip Funk
    Manager, Business Consulting
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Time off planning and performance

Posted 11-04-2020 11:12
    Thanks Chip.  I believe I have figured this out through Access Controls.  We're also looking at OSSM to improve performance hits on CIC.

Jason

Jason Carden
    Unum

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources