PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Modifying an attribute on an call that is recording

Posted 06-03-2021 13:09
    Hello,

In our CC, our agents need to have a client button that they can press when a caller has inappropriate behaviour.

All our calls are recorded for 24 hours and when an agent click on this client button, we simply thought of adding an attribute on the call and this attribute will be used in the retention policies to make sure this call won't get purge in 24 hours.

All this is pretty straight forward on paper, but a little different in practice.

For some reason, all attribute modified during a call are not available in Interaction Recorder once the call is finished. In debug, I see the attribute being added to the call with the proper value, but this attribute is not visible in ICBM/Interaction Recorder.

If this attribute is set BEFORE starting the recording, it will be available, but if the attribute is set during the recording it will not. I've tried calling system subroutine SystemRecordInteraction in my client button handler, but it doesn't change anything.

Anyone had a similar issue and an idea on how to fix or bypass this?

Is this behaviour normal?

Thank you!
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Yan Pelletier
    Bell Canada

• 2.  RE: Modifying an attribute on an call that is recording

Posted 06-03-2021 17:14
    I have a custom button that calls a handler and sets a custm_attribute to 1.

Then i have a retention policy that checks for that and sets a TAG. Then based on that tag there is more creiteria.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 3.  RE: Modifying an attribute on an call that is recording

Posted 06-04-2021 16:43
    This is exaclty what I'm doing. 

The custom attribute value is set on the interaction, but never available on the recording unless the custom button is clicked BEFORE the interaction in answered with the "Puckup" button...

I think I'll open a case.

Yan Pelletier
    Bell Canada

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources