PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IMAP and Gmail

Posted 12-11-2019 16:24
    HI All,

we are wanting to test the E-mail waters, so as a test/demo for my company i have a test Gmail account i am trying to have Pureconnect, Connect to using IMAP. My Security Team has assured me they have opened up all Ports/Applications that were being blocked, but i am still getting an "Unknown Error" on the Message Store Test and no Folders are found for me to assign.

I know there is a gmail connector, but that looks like it is more for OAuth and not normal password connection. Does anybody have Gmail working with IMAP, or will the only way we can pull in from Gmail is from the Gmail connector?

Thank you,
     Scott
    #Implementation
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: IMAP and Gmail

Posted 12-11-2019 16:28
    If you're using enterprise gmail, you need to configure the gmail connector and ensure that the connector is enabled (and registered).  You also want to ensure that the gmail account you are trying to retrieve messages from specifically has IMAP enabled, as most organizations will disable this by default unless specifically requested.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: IMAP and Gmail

Posted 12-11-2019 16:35
    Hi Aaron

It is not an Enterprise Gmail, its just a regular test one i created. IMAP is enabled and i even turned on to allow less secure apps on the gmail account i created.

Thank you

Scott Williams

• 4.  RE: IMAP and Gmail

Posted 12-16-2019 18:19
    The problem, as I understand it, is that PureConnect only ever connects as a single user (ICAdmin) who, in turn, requires "Supreme Being" like rights to the whole e-mail system.

With regular GMail, there is no way for that to happen.

Now, with Enterprise / Business GMail, it's not hard to set up. If it's just for testing, then (I believe) you can have up to about 5 mailboxes free of charge, which would allow you to set up ICAdmin and one or two other mailboxes for users / Attendant / Whatever you want to test...

Alternatively, you can spin up a VM (Linux or Windoze) and install a generic IMAP / SMTP email server on it (there are plenty around that are Open Source / Free) and use that. This is how we have it set up for the Lab environments we use in training.

HTH

• 5.  RE: IMAP and Gmail

Posted 12-17-2019 10:50
    Yeah support got back to me and said Gmail requires OAuth2.0 and because of that requires Gmail Connector. I will just work on getting our Dev environment connected to exchange.

Thank you,
     scott

Scott Williams

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources