PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Outbound - Best Time To Call

Posted 08-21-2019 09:55

Hi All, 

We have the Best Time To call Analysis Report in ICBM but it is only showing the daily result. For some reasons our boss is saying that Genesys will release a new Best Time To Call feature where we can find out when is the best time to call and with all those configuration to dial the best time to dial.

From what I know, every business has it's own structure or calling environment and not all configurations or reporting will meet all the needs. I am thinking that we need to develop a reporting from Inbound Calls where we can collect data to see how often and what time a contact connect to us and for Outbound is to collect the data on what time they usually answer our calls. Then... we can add another column in the database to where we can collect the best time to call to apply in our filter or campaign configurations.

Please help. Thanks!

#Outbound

------------------------------
    Rechelle McConnell
    CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK

• 2.  RE: Outbound - Best Time To Call

Posted 08-21-2019 10:18
    Rechelle,

Reporting is not my strong suit but as I understand it that report looks at area code and indicates when you have the most connects in a day for an area code. I think what you are looking for, as well as many other dialer customers ask for, is to do analysis on a contact level where we look at historical data for the contact to see when they have picked up before and then attempt to dial the contact during that time in the future. Dialer by default does not have anything like this built in. I've heard rumors of 3rd party applications which can assist with this but I have never seen one so I can't really comment on if they work or even exist.

As you mention you could probably build something like this all with database queries. Only problem is once you get the data with best time to call estimates how do you systematically set this up in dialer to call the contacts at the time you have estimated is the best time to call.

Usually I will see the dialer customers work with their compliance team to figure out the maximum number of times you can call the particular customer and then design rules in the campaign to dial the customer many times per day. Probably not the most elegant solution but it can increase your contact rate, although this could also potentially upset customers if for example they have 6 missed calls a day from you.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Outbound - Best Time To Call

Posted 08-21-2019 10:44

Thank you Mark! I don't why I am hearing that there will be a new feature in Pure Connect about Best Time To Call. 

Rechelle McConne
    CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK

• 4.  RE: Outbound - Best Time To Call

Posted 08-23-2019 09:23
    It's possible there is something in the works, I was not at the conference this year. Maybe someone else could chime in if they have seen anything like this coming.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources