PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Working with Category in Handlers

Posted 10-08-2019 19:56
    ​Hi All,

I am assigning common category to the agent and to the interaction but still the call is going to the Agent who is not part of the mentioned category.
    is there any sequence of implementing it?

This is what I am doing:
    Assign Category(A) to the agent --------> Assign Category(A) to the interaction ---> Put ACD initiate processing block

I tried assigning category to interaction first and then to the agent but same output.

Ideally
    if the agent who is part of the category is not available the call should go in queue.

Thanks
    Raghav
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Raghav Gupta
    Accenture USA

• 2.  RE: Working with Category in Handlers

Posted 10-10-2019 10:19
    Raghav,

What you mention is how I have assigned categories in the past and it worked for me. Where are you assigning the categories, is it in CustomIVRWorkgroupQueue because remember if you use that customization point you need to ensure your workgroup is set to Custom for the type. Have you debugged the call to make sure your custom code is being hit, also have you looked at the ACD subsystem log at notes to see if the category is being set? 

To clarify your last point when you say when the agent is not available the call should go to queue you mean the call waits in the ACD queue for the agent with the category assigned to them.

Another thing you can look at is there is a server parameter called "AutoAddUsernameCategory" which allows you to automatically add a category to your ACD users. We have used this in the past to make category assignment/routing much easier. Here are the specifics on how the server parameter works:

This server parameter adds a category to each user upon startup. The possible values are:

0: Feature is turned off.

1: Feature is turned on adding a suffix of "-auto" to the CIC user name.

<any other value>: Feature is turned on adding a suffix of <value> to the CIC user name.

For example, if set to "1", user JeffS would result in a category of JeffS-auto. If set to "-Director", user JeffS would result in a category of JeffS-Director.

Blank or <null> values are not supported. This parameter must be present at ACD startup to take effect. The changes are not dynamically updated in ACD Server, so adding this parameter or changing the value of the parameter, requires a restart of the ACD Server.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources