PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Hold button in callback window not working

• 1.  Hold button in callback window not working

Posted 03-12-2020 15:06
    Hi. We enabled callbacks for a customer and have noticed that the hold and transfer buttons in the callback window (interaction desktop) are not working. The buttons are active but when on a callback if the agent clicks the hold button it does not actually put the call on hold. Both parties can still hear one another. If they go into their interactions window and do it from there it works fine.

And for the transfer button in the callback window, it behaves pretty much like the hold button except in my testing I get a failure in the transfer but works fine if done from the my interactions window. Any thoughts?

Thank you.
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Sean McGrath
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 2.  RE: Hold button in callback window not working

GENESYS
    Posted 03-12-2020 21:03
    Edited by Rebecca Harper 03-12-2020 21:09
    Hi Sean,

Sorry removing my reply as it applied to Genesys Cloud

Rebecca Harper
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Hold button in callback window not working

Posted 03-13-2020 08:46
    No worries. For anyone else that may be seeing this, the customer is seeing this on 2018 and I have done my reproductions on 2019 using Interaction Desktop.

Sean McGrath
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 4.  RE: Hold button in callback window not working

Posted 03-13-2020 15:09
    My understanding is that the Callback and the actual resulting call are different interactions. This would seem to agree with what you are seeing.

When you are trying to hold and transfer, that is applying to the Callback object. When you go to the My Interactions window and select the call, then the hold and transfer are applying to the actual call.

HTH

• 5.  RE: Hold button in callback window not working

Posted 03-13-2020 15:24
    So this is expected behavior rather than a bug? Having the hold and transfer buttons in the callback window and not act on the call seems a little counter intuitive to me. 

Thank you.

Sean McGrath
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 6.  RE: Hold button in callback window not working

Posted 03-13-2020 16:19
    It's certainly how I understand it's supposed to work, yes.

• 7.  RE: Hold button in callback window not working

Posted 03-14-2020 20:33
    Ok then. Thank you.

Sean McGrath
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 8.  RE: Hold button in callback window not working

Posted 03-15-2020 16:14
    Hi,

The callback is a separate interaction from the call as previously mentioned.

If an agent receives a callback and they are not able to successfully place the call before they go on break etc. they can transfer the callback to an incoming shift for the next attempt. They use the callback call controls for that.

Thanks.

• 9.  RE: Hold button in callback window not working

GENESYS
    Posted 03-16-2020 09:19

Just wanted to weigh in here, as we are discussing a feature near and dear to my heart (aka - this has been known to be the bane of my existence for quite some time! :-) ).

When the agent is hitting hold in the callback window, it is specifically for that callback interaction.  The other comments are correct.  You have to be careful, because a typical callback scenario has 3 interactions:

1. The inbound call from the customer which requests the callback interaction.
    2. The actual callback interaction type (note: if web callbacks are available, the initial call above is not present, and the scenario begins wit the callback interaction type).
    3. The actual call, back to the customer.

Each of these can be picked up, placed on hold, transferred, etc.  In the event of the Callback interaction type, they can also be marked as complete, "snoozed", and marked as incomplete (if memory serves).  However, these interactions are not tied together in the database, and there is no OOB reporting that will tie these together either.  I'm in the middle of a trying to put them together using the OOB EIC_Callback* attributes, but only in my copious amounts of spare time. :-) 

But at any rate, be careful which interaction is selecting when transferring or placing on hold.  As each will function differently and different impacts on the back end data.

Thanks,
    Trent.

• 10.  RE: Hold button in callback window not working

Posted 03-16-2020 09:37
    I have to agree with Trent.  We implemented the call-back feature as part of our migration to PureConnect Cloud last fall and used it within Interaction Connect - during one of the busiest periods of our business year.  We encountered similar instances where agents were easily confused as to which interaction to engage hold/transfer functions.

I believe that we've worked through those pains by more thorough process documentation and training.  However, I do agree that these challenges might be turned into call back feature improvement ideas in Interaction Desktop/Connect.

Trent - please keep us all posted on what you're doing for reporting on callbacks.  I know that this is still very much an outstanding item that many clients really need.

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 11.  RE: Hold button in callback window not working

Posted 03-16-2020 13:14
    Trent and Barry. Thank you for that. All good information to have.

Sean McGrath
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources