PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Auto status changer is unreliable for a particular user.

Posted 03-23-2020 13:07
    We have a user that relies on auto status changer in Interaction Desktop, and it has proven to be unreliable for him. It seems local to his machine, as everyone else that uses it does not have any trouble. We have uninstalled and reinstalled Interaction Desktop, checked all settings, and cannot come up with a reason it's not working for him. If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Nathan Timberlake
    Georgia United Credit Union

• 2.  RE: Auto status changer is unreliable for a particular user.

Posted 03-23-2020 17:35
    Can you be more specific with regard to the nature of the unreliability? Is it not working at all, or is the problem sporadic?

One quick thing to check (from personal experience)...

Has the user configured the "What to do when I come back" to "Set my status to what it was auto-changed from"? If so, do they also have Windows power settings set to turn off the monitor?

If the answer to both of these is "yes", then this may be your problem. When the screen is turned off, Windows can report to applications the the Screen Saver has ended (since, technically, it has) which is interpreted by Desktop to mean it's time to revert the status. If you change the setting to "Set my status to" and use the same status as you are using for away (e.g. "Away from Desk") then that might sort it out for you.

HTH

• 3.  RE: Auto status changer is unreliable for a particular user.

Posted 03-24-2020 08:37
    The issue is sporadic and is at time difficult to reproduce. We are going to take a look at the monitor off settings, as that sounds like something that might be happening with this user. Thanks for the heads up!

Nathan Timberlake
    Georgia United Credit Union

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources