PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Creating new e-mail campaigns in Attendant

Posted 10-16-2019 04:09
    Hi,

I've been tasked with the migration of a client's e-mail accounts from outlook into Pure Connect and I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction of where to start. I'm looking for a step by step guide on how to create profiles for each e-mail address and route into the right workgroups. At this point in time it's just the basic incoming e-mails and route to the right workgroup. I've searched for a guide but there's so much documents and articles on here and other Genesys sites that I do not know where to start. I'm literally a newbie to the whole Genesys world so any help would be appreciated! I
    #DigitalChannels
    #Implementation
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Atif Mirza

• 2.  RE: Creating new e-mail campaigns in Attendant

Posted 10-16-2019 11:50
    Atif,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Migrate accounts from Outlook into PureConnect". PureConnect is not an e-mail server in and of itself, so you will still need something like Exchange in the background.

Assuming you are referring to automatically routing emails sent to department as ACD interactions to workgroup queues, then there are two options open to you. These are explored fully in the IC Administration and Configuring Call Flows classes, which I would recommend you attend (both are available online). You mention doing this for a Client, so I am going to assume you work for a Reseller / Partner? In this case, I would also recommend taking the rest of the classes required to attain ICCE certification.

• 3.  RE: Creating new e-mail campaigns in Attendant

Posted 10-17-2019 04:13
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the response. We will still have the exchange running in the background. What I meant is that all the e-mail addresses that are currently managed through outlook need to move over to Pureconnect. 

Thanks for the pointers. I'll look into the online courses and the certification.

Atif Mirza
    Arvato Limited

• 4.  RE: Creating new e-mail campaigns in Attendant

Posted 10-17-2019 10:58
    Atif,

The process to route emails to ACD queues is fairly straight forward to set up. However, without having the foundation for attendant a lot of this may not make sense. Essentially these are the steps you follow, keep in mind that this should all be tested in a DEV environment and done off hours in production since as soon as you set it up emails will start being processed:
    1. Open IA, expand System Configuration > then Mail
    2. In the mail configuration select Attendant Mailboxes tab and add the mailbox in question
    3. Open Interaction Attendant with the /email flag
    4. Create a new profile, select the mailbox(es) in question
    5. Add in the logic to route the interactions to the mailbox, or add anything else you need

Then you should see any emails into the monitored mailbox to appear in the ACD Queue.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources