PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email body appears blank for some users

Posted 11-03-2020 13:22
    Edited by Tina Yocum 11-03-2020 13:22
    Hello,
    This past week we have had a couple of our agents report when they receive an ACD routed email the body and all information of the email appears as a blank window under My Current Interaction.  One agent transferred to the email holding workgroup and picked it back up with the same results.
    When the emails are sitting in queue the from information is populated and the interaction ID is available. After the disconnect on the agents side a search for the email by interaction ID returns nothing.
    This is an inconsistent issue and our agents use Firefox for IC access. I have asked the agents to clear the history and caching on their browser to see if this helps address the problem.

Has anyone experienced this issue?  If so, can you tell me the cause and the resolution?

Thank you,
    Tina
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Tina Yocum
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 2.  RE: Email body appears blank for some users

Posted 11-04-2020 09:05
    Tina,

I have seen something similar but this occurred for all users in a very specific case. That case happened to be when an email has a mimecast specific tag in it and that occurred where it shows where email is internal or external.  When the email came from internal it had the <mc type=body> tag and that caused the issue.     

If the agents are able to use Interaction Desktop then you should be able to set the EmailEditor parameter to indicate what editor it will use.  When I set the parameter to 2 or 3 then the email body appeared.  

This does not need to be done globally, instead you can edit the Interaction Desktop shortcut and add "-EmailEditor=1 or 2 or 3" to the target.

To use the Telerik editor, set this parameter to 1.
    To use the MSHTML editor, set this parameter to 2.
    To use the CEF editor, set this parameter to 3 (default for 2017R3 and up)

Thank you,
    Felice

Felice Vittoria
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 3.  RE: Email body appears blank for some users

Posted 11-05-2020 18:28
    Hello Felice,
    Thank you for the information.  Unfortunately, we only use the IC client and do not use desktop at all.  

Tina

Tina Yocum
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 4.  RE: Email body appears blank for some users

Posted 11-15-2020 21:59
    You may try changing the email editor in Client to see if that helps, I have seen it happen before (ONCE):

EmailEditor

This parameter determines which editor agents use to format their emails in email interactions. The editor appears as a toolbar of formatting options.

• To use the Telerik editor, set this parameter to 1.

• To use the MSHTML editor, set this parameter to 2.

• To display the CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework) editor, set this parameter to 3 or leave as blank.

For more information on how agents use the editor, see the Interaction Desktop Help in the CIC Documentation Library.

Note:
    This parameter affects all users of Interaction Desktop. An agent cannot select an editor.

In Interaction Desktop, the MSHTML editor is available for only the Email Window. It is not available for the Email Editor view. For more information, see the Interaction Desktop Help.

Important: If you configure the CIC clients to use the MSHTML toolbar, the Email Editor is unavailable. If users had the Email Editor view open, the view is closed after this change. To restore the Email Editor view, you must switch the configuration back to CEF or Telerik mode. Then the user can re-add the view or you can push out a template with the Email Editor view.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources