PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Workgroup type Group

Posted 09-09-2021 11:00
    Does anyone happen to know if when selecting Workgroups has Queue type Group does this allow for more than one call per user? We thought if only one user was logged onto this workgroup they would start to queue up calls that they can answer as they get to them but it appears that if they take one call, when anyone else calls they go direct to voicemail. Looked through online documentation but not really finding anything that answers this. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Alex

• 2.  RE: Workgroup type Group

Posted 09-09-2021 13:36
    Are they going to the user's voicemail, or the workgroup's?

• 3.  RE: Workgroup type Group

Posted 09-09-2021 14:04
    They are going to the workgroup. The user doesn't see anything in My Interactions and they are set to receive multiple calls by security rights. We can however see the call come into the queue view and go directly to voicemail.

Alex

• 4.  RE: Workgroup type Group

Posted 09-10-2021 08:10
    Is it an ACD workgroup? You'll want to check the utilization under the ACD tab in the workgroup config, set it to something more than 1 (the number of calls a user can handle before counting as busy).

Stephen Edwards
    DialAmerica
    Sr Systems Engineer

• 5.  RE: Workgroup type Group

Posted 09-10-2021 08:18
    Sorry, just realized you were specifically asking about the Group type queue. The ACD utilization options are not available, so its going to depend on the user status when they are on the call.

Stephen Edwards
    DialAmerica
    Sr Systems Engineer

• 6.  RE: Workgroup type Group

Posted 09-10-2021 08:41
    Yeah for the most part we were just wondering if being in a workgroup was causing it to go directly to voicemail. We have this user set for multiple calls so we thought it would at least queue up and they could just grab it from the workgroup's queue view but by the time they see it the caller is already in voicemail. Just didn't want them on the phone on a personal or intercom call and have customers going to voicemail. We may have to go ACD with this. Thanks for everyone's input!

Alex

• 7.  RE: Workgroup type Group

Posted 09-13-2021 12:45
    OK, so unless the Workgroup needs it for other purposes, I'd remove the Mailbox from the workgroup. That way, it won't be ale to receive VM.

• 8.  RE: Workgroup type Group

Posted 09-13-2021 16:45
    When I remove the mailbox it rings once and off into dead air. I thought at worse it would go to the system default mailbox but not even getting that. I think we are just going to give them the option to take it ACD or make sure there is never just one person available in this workgroup.

Alex

• 9.  RE: Workgroup type Group

Posted 09-14-2021 03:37
    If the queue is not setup as a true acd queue, I do not think that you're going to be able to field multiple calls at once.  To do so, you need an ACD media two license.  If you're setup as a workgroup with RR, GR or seq, these do not require ACD license, so you're unable to configure the ACD settings required.

Tami Bogatiuk
    National General Management Corp.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources