PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Interaction Connect Desktop Alert

• 1.  Interaction Connect Desktop Alert

Posted 10-17-2019 09:30
    What Pureconnect Release does Desktop Alerts work in Interaction Connect? On Genesys Help page it says Desktop Alerts work on interaction Desktop ( See Below). We are on 2018 R3 Patch 22 and do not have the Desktop, we are using Google chrome as our browser.

Desktop Alerts

Desktop Alerts notify you of alerting interactions and other events. The alert dialog box pops up in the bottom right corner of your Windows desktop. Click the alert dialog box to bring your browser window to the top of any open applications. This action also automatically selects the My Interactions view where you can pick up an alerting interaction.

Thank you,
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: Interaction Connect Desktop Alert

Posted 10-17-2019 18:43
    Hi Scott,

I believe that one of the limitations of a web interface is that everything has to be contained within the browser. As far as I am aware, there is no way for any web page to generate a Desktop Alert like you are used to seeing with Interaction Desktop.

Sorry it's not better news, but the limitation is with the Browser technology, not Interaction Connect. (Of course, as soon as I hit "Send" I bet someone will contradict me and explain how it can be done!!)

HTH

• 3.  RE: Interaction Connect Desktop Alert

Posted 10-18-2019 09:17
    Hi Paul,

That is what i am trying to figure out on hte CIC Web Application Install document it says Desktop Alerts do not work with Interaction Connect:
    https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_basl_connect/desktop/desktop_alerts.htm

But the interaction Connect document says it does work, just not with Internet Explorer or Edge:
    https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_basl_connect/desktop/desktop_alerts.htm

At no time did i see any feature release saying Interaction Connect Supported Desktop Alerts, which is why i was surprised when i found documents saying it does.

Scott Williams

• 4.  RE: Interaction Connect Desktop Alert

Posted 07-06-2020 15:32
    Paul,
    We have CIC 2019 R2, is there any known issue with desktop alert duration setting? Our users experience issue of the number of seconds the alert pop-up stays varies. Sometimes it works exactly as set duration in client configuration, but some times it fades away away sooner.

Thank you!
    Bakul Viradia

Bakul Viradia
    DOL

• 5.  RE: Interaction Connect Desktop Alert

GENESYS
    Posted 10-18-2019 08:21
    In the Interaction Connect help, there is this: Tip: Desktop alerts do not currently work in Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. However, if you use Internet Explorer, you can make Interaction Connect a pinned site. The Interaction Connect taskbar icon then flashes when you receive an alerting interaction. For instructions on pinning a website in Internet Explorer, see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg618532(v=vs.85).aspx.

Noreen Tasker
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Interaction Connect Desktop Alert

Posted 10-18-2019 09:10
    HI Noreen,

I saw that tip, but we are using Chrome.

Scott Williams

• 7.  RE: Interaction Connect Desktop Alert

Posted 10-18-2019 08:45
    Desktop notifications works well for us in Chrome but only when we use https. It won't work with http.

Donald Hamel
    Bell Canada

• 8.  RE: Interaction Connect Desktop Alert

Posted 10-18-2019 09:08

HI Donald,

What Version of PureConnect are you running?

Scott Williams

• 9.  RE: Interaction Connect Desktop Alert

Posted 10-18-2019 09:25
    We use PureConnect 2018R3.

Donald Hamel
    Bell Canada

• 10.  RE: Interaction Connect Desktop Alert

GENESYS
    Posted 10-20-2019 08:52
    Desktop Alerts should be functional in 2018R3. Can you confirm that you have enabled desktop alerts for Interaction Connect in your browser settings?

In Chrome you would go to Settings > Advanced > Privacy and Security > Notifications and then make sure that the URL you use to access Interaction Connect is in the Allow section.

If it is allowed and you are still not seeing Desktop Alerts then I would suggest contacting our support team.

Andy Kauffman
    Genesys - Employees
    Director of Development - PureConnect Web Applications

• 11.  RE: Interaction Connect Desktop Alert

Posted 10-21-2019 10:26
    Hi Andy,

that looks to be our issue. I am working with our system administrators to make those changes, as that setting is set by Group Policy.

Thank you,

Scott Williams

• 12.  RE: Interaction Connect Desktop Alert

Posted 10-21-2019 08:37
    Hi Donald,

It works for us with chrome, but every user get all notifications, not only the one that he hed created. Do you have the same issue ?

Lionel

lionel Florence
    HELPLINE

• 13.  RE: Interaction Connect Desktop Alert

Posted 10-21-2019 10:45

Hi Lionel,

I haven't tried it.

Donald

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources