PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Trace Configuration Utility require reboot

Posted 07-01-2020 14:54
    I am not sure if this is correct, but something in my memory says that I need to reboot/restart after using TCU to increase or decrease my log settings.  Is this incorrect?
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 2.  RE: Trace Configuration Utility require reboot
    Best Answer

Posted 07-02-2020 06:58
    No, the change takes effect immediately. No need to stop and start any subsystems.

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Trace Configuration Utility require reboot

Posted 07-02-2020 09:10
    To add to Wayne's response..

If you want to start a new log as well (to make it easier to locate the section of logs at the new level, then the subsystem (on the server) or application (on the client) can be restarted, which will force a new log to be started. This may be what you are remembering?

It is quite correct to say that restarting is not required to change the log levels.

HTH

• 4.  RE: Trace Configuration Utility require reboot

Posted 07-02-2020 09:21
    Ok, Thanks Wayne and Paul.  Now it makes sense. I could not find anything about the need to reboot, but i know in troubleshooting, support has told me to change the configuration, reboot and replicate the error. I am sure the reboot was to get a fresh set of files and make finding the issue easier.  Not needed, but can serve a purpose.

Paul - still processing from that great Handler class in March - we went Live with my new build last week, however, the week before we did so, my QA environment died for what appears to be a conflict between the Genesys QOS driver and a Microsoft Driver... currently rebuilding from scratch, so i will be asking more questions here soon enough ;]

Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources