PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Optimizer shifts and activities

Posted 09-05-2021 18:21
    Dear community , regards to the shift definition process in optimizer I have failed to understanding the earliest shift start and the other one latest shift start time and I did search on them for many times and I haven't found anything useful , could any one explain it with an example

thanks in advance for any help
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #WEM/Optimizer

------------------------------
    Mohannad haddad
    Fourth Dimension Systems Company

• 2.  RE: Optimizer shifts and activities

Posted 09-07-2021 11:56

Hi Mohannad - The Earliest & Latest shift start fields are useful only if you give your agents a dynamic shift that is set by Optimizer.  If your staff is given a fixed shift start time that is the same everyday, you would set both the earliest/latest to the same start time and ensure you have the min/max paid hours fields aligned accordingly.

If your center uses agent preferences and/or allows for variable shift start times, you would constrain the times that the agent shift could start with the earliest/latest shift start fields.

Example:  Agent starts at 8:00 AM everyday and works an 8 hour shift;
    • Earliest Shift Start Time: 8:00 AM
    • Latest Shift Start Time: 8:00 AM
    • Shift Start Time Increment: 00:00 <-- Not needed in this scenario
    • Maximum Shift Start Time Variance: Unchecked  <-- Not needed in this scenario
    • Latest Shift Stop Time: Unchecked  <-- Not needed in this scenario
    • Minimum Paid Time: 8:00
    • Maximum Paid Time: 8:00

Example:  Agent works a dynamic shift that starts between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM, and is willing/able work between a 6 and 10 hour shift, but cannot work past 5:00 PM;
    • Earliest Shift Start Time: 7:00 AM
    • Latest Shift Start Time: 9:00 AM
    • Shift Start Time Increment: 00:15 (Align start increments possible in your time keeping system, quarter hour in my example)
    • Maximum Shift Start Time Variance: Optional (limits start time variation over days of week)
    • Latest Shift Stop Time: Checked 5:00 PM
    • Minimum Paid Time: 6:00
    • Maximum Paid Time: 10:00

Hope this helps...

Raymond Hicks
      Sutter Health

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources