PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View

Monitored Apperances status icons only suddenly stop displaying

• 1.  Monitored Apperances status icons only suddenly stop displaying

Posted 05-04-2021 11:19
      |   view attached
    Has any one had users experience and issue where the Status Icons in Monitored Appearances in Interaction Desktop and Workgroup Details in ICBM (i.e. Lunch, Break, DND, etc) suddenly stop displaying and only displaying the default icon? 

We have had several users experience this. It was working fine the day prior and the issue seems to only be isolated to specific workstations and does not follow the user from computer to computer. I can log into my computer with agents IC account and the icons display as expected, however if I log into my IC account on the agents computer the icons DO NOT display as expected. Basically and IC account used on the affected computer experiences the same behavior. 

The Session Manager logs show that there's an MD5 checksum that's failing on one of the status icons in Session Manager. Apparently the default handling of that is to not transfer any of the icons through to HTTPPluginHost out to the Interaction Desktop. 

The status message icons are configured in IA to be pulling to icons from the CIC share's Resources folder (i.e. \\CIC_Server\Resources\AwayFromDesk.ico) therefore if there was an issue with the icons this would be affecting every user, and the users in question are able to access this share. 

We done full system reboots, switchovers and have deleting the user's Interaction Desktop settings from the AppData folder, done uninstalls and reinstalls to no avail.

The only thing that has fixed the issue for users is to have them get a new computer since the issue does not follow them from computer to computer.

I've opened a ticket with Genesys, but they just want you to keep turning up logs and rebooting the CIC Servers and Session Managers. It's not easy for us to just be rebooting our environment a couple times a week as our change control rules are rather strict. I spend more time gathering and uploading logs than they do researching the issue. 

I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this as it isn't practical to just be swapping out users workstations. 

Thanks,

#statusicons #InteractionDesktop #pureconnect #md5​​​​​​
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Michael Bishop
    UnitedHealth Group/Optum
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources