PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  play .sasf recording

Posted 02-16-2020 08:27
    Dear All,

Is it possible to play recording ( .sasf ) manually without icbm ? Also could we get any data about the recordings since the data of recordings in database has been lost ??

Regards
    #Integrations
    #QualityManagement
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    David Maged
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 2.  RE: play .sasf recording

Posted 02-17-2020 09:56
    IRSASFU is a command line application, and can be run either manually from the command prompt, or be executed via a batch script. The instructions for use are as follows:

Place the SASF file that is to be converted in a directory accessible by IRSASFU (a subfolder within the application folder is a safe bet)

For unencrypted recordings, run the following command (make sure your command prompt is pointed to the directory housing IRSASFU):

irsasfu extract [File Path] 0

For example: irsasfu extract 2063738787_2063738776_3fa11f382e680a5fdaf7a44b.sasf 0

For encrypted recordings, you will need to first retrieve the Media Key from the Database. Once you have obtained the media key, you will need to paste it into the command. However, for the Media Key to be parsed correctly you need to insert \'s before each quotation mark in the Media Key. (So " becomes \") The syntax is as follows:

irsasfu extract [File Path] 0 [Media Key]

For example:
    irsasfu extract 2063738787_2063738776_3fa11f382e680a5fdaf7a44b.sasf 0 {{{K8adc730c02e740149d2c1f8a9c962d3c{\"RecorderKey\"K3e7301d5a5ab4e9e820dcc6de8e1f50b}}[L14eUwBKYJuqjoxYhn3HUAe/9M5Psh7ySXSNXjscI0pOxYs4hhpxx1bmj6M0eMRhR6/BW+Wndf+lCuuIe2pmokBsMSv2jWEUs2uPiwMZxXyl2zJA6Htei7v/RaTrJVLkh21xv3dfoPlT9s+ENxL6ZU6wFPI2u2ho7XHT+TVdKoUwPjFMWm5/7s34dyJxdk8Np+Mdh2LDaSCvTCTKKwk0NItzvxN7L794cdwjlcjpIvlGALZn0Se22zJ4lsrIMNAG8r+XIEkcPfq30B3WsJIMTJYzohrlbHvbRP5nITJ20rJWHuCZLcS3YATwLhph0sAswHmgH9ibRyI6axAgopM+LA]}{[VzfREAJ1pmplHLSEE14nMkIQUBe5wdHOjXXlxZ1Yhlk][6WruZTghA+ZzHAd+tg0CH/X80vRptbhz4WFsybGh7BU][oEED6AyRgmV3p6ctwnLCRA]}}

This will generate a WAV file in the folder that IRSASFU was executed from.

Ryan Hedlund
    Stericycle

• 3.  RE: play .sasf recording

Posted 02-17-2020 11:56
    David,

As Ryan mentions there is a utility to export the recordings but depending on what data has been lost you may or may not be able to export them. Can you give a little more detail as to what data was lost, was it the entire IC database or just some of the data out of specific tables?

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 4.  RE: play .sasf recording

Posted 02-17-2020 12:02
    Also if you really need Wav files kept with some data outside of the DB you might look at using the archiving feature.

Ryan Hedlund
    Stericycle

• 5.  RE: play .sasf recording

Posted 02-17-2020 12:21
    Dear mark ,
    Thanks for your replay

All the data from data are lost, we have only recording file from storage.

So is it possible to play the recording or get any data about it ?

Regards

David Maged
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 6.  RE: play .sasf recording

Posted 02-18-2020 00:59
    you can use that utility if they are not encrypted, other wise no.

As far as data no data can be extracted.

Ryan Hedlund
    Stericycle

• 7.  RE: play .sasf recording

Posted 02-19-2020 14:16

A bit off topic.. But this post has been extremely helpful for me, so thank you.

I spent a few hours last week trying to figure out how to use the IRSASFU utility, and couldn't get past needing to escape the quotation marks in the mediaKey.  Once I saw your post I was able to get it working soon after, saving me from needing to pull hundreds of recordings individually.

Fun fact for anyone needing to script this out to decrypt multiple files.  Instead of pulling the mediaKey from the IR_RecordingMedia table, the mediaKey is stored in the header information for each file. (it was missing on a few of my older files but that seemed to be the exception, not the rule).  This allows you to loop through each file and grab the mediaKey dynamically instead of having the script rely on a file lookup or some other solution.

I'm no expert, but here is an example from my powershell script that pulls the key from the file header and adds the escape characters if it helps anyone else.

$mediaKey = Select-String -Pattern "({{{(.*?)]}})" -Path $filePath\$fileName | %{$_.Matches.Groups[1].value}

$mediaKey = $MediaKey.replace('"','\"') 

Brad Burton
    Prog Leasing, LLC

• 8.  RE: play .sasf recording

Posted 02-19-2020 16:18
    Hey Brad!

Thanks for the update. For the benefit of anyone who comes along afterwards and reads this thread, could you update your post to include a reference to the scripting language you are using there?

TIA

• 9.  RE: play .sasf recording

Posted 02-19-2020 17:02

It was a bit of a wall of text, but I did post that it was PowerShell somewhere in there.  The main point is just that you can select what you are looking for using some sort of scripting language and pattern matching like regex.

To Borrow from the example above, my script is just pattern matching everything between the braces to select the MediaKey and store it as a variable.  The second line then takes the value stored and adds the "\" to put it in the right format to be used as a parameter to pass into IRSASFU.

Example: (pattern matching on the characters in bold)

{{{K8adc730c02e740149d2c1f8a9c962d3c{\"RecorderKey\"K3e7301d5a5ab4e9e820dcc6de8e1f50b}}[L14eUwBKYJuqjoxYhn3HUAe/9M5Psh7ySXSNXjscI0pOxYs4hhpxx1bmj6M0eMRhR6/BW+Wndf+lCuuIe2pmokBsMSv2jWEUs2uPiwMZxXyl2zJA6Htei7v/RaTrJVLkh21xv3dfoPlT9s+ENxL6ZU6wFPI2u2ho7XHT+TVdKoUwPjFMWm5/7s34dyJxdk8Np+Mdh2LDaSCvTCTKKwk0NItzvxN7L794cdwjlcjpIvlGALZn0Se22zJ4lsrIMNAG8r+XIEkcPfq30B3WsJIMTJYzohrlbHvbRP5nITJ20rJWHuCZLcS3YATwLhph0sAswHmgH9ibRyI6axAgopM+LA]}{[VzfREAJ1pmplHLSEE14nMkIQUBe5wdHOjXXlxZ1Yhlk][6WruZTghA+ZzHAd+tg0CH/X80vRptbhz4WFsybGh7BU][oEED6AyRgmV3p6ctwnLCRA]}}

TL;DR:  It was PowerShell

Brad Burton
    Prog Leasing, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources