PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Switchover issues, lost configuration

Posted 12-18-2018 14:46

Hi all

We've uncovered an issue recently following a failover to our Failover server, after the event (and subsequently failing back to the Primary server) we noticed that configuration has been lost - users, managed IP phones, stations, roles, etc.
    Our theory is that the Failover server has failed to synchronise with the Primary server for a while, therefore the Switchover process overwrote what the Primary server had in place.

Looking at the Event Viewer on the Failover server, there are multiple errors with event ID 11500 - Switchover Service: CommonDSHandlers::ModifyNotification: Directory exception: eDSERR_NO_SERVER_RESPONSE.

We can ping the Primary server from the Failover server, so are a little perplexed as to what is causing this issue.
    Any thoughts?  Reaching out here as time is of the essence!

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    John Maguire
    Arsenal Football Club

• 2.  RE: Switchover issues, lost configuration

Posted 12-18-2018 17:31
    Just checking quickly. Are both servers on the same release and patch? If not, the syncing of most stuff is stopped.

• 3.  RE: Switchover issues, lost configuration

Posted 12-18-2018 17:40
    Sure are

John Maguire
    Arsenal Football Club

• 4.  RE: Switchover issues, lost configuration

Posted 12-19-2018 05:31
    The eDSERR_NO_SERVER_RESPONSE indicates that there is no deeper response from the ​application. Ping is a very bad way to determine if a server is alive, really.
    The Network stack is loaded and will respond even when the OS is totally dead! A better way is to try to logon as the service account the application is running at and use a windows share to the drive the application is installed on.

So assuming it is the D partition and uses the standard install path, use \\Servername\D$\I3\IC. If you can access that then there is no networking problem

Also check the switchover control panel application it will tell you if the servers are actually in sync before you switch.
    The 3rd line from the bottom should tell you if the server is running in auto switch mode, if not then there might be a reason.

Best practise is to switch monthly between the two servers so your not running into these unpleasant surprises...

Ruud Reinold

Telecom Service Manager
    CapQuest Debt Recovery Ltd.
    Seeking new opportunities due to redundancy in January 2019.

• 5.  RE: Switchover issues, lost configuration

Posted 12-19-2018 07:03
    Thank you Ruud

I'm able to access the I3\IC on the Primary from the Failover no problem, so it's not that...
    I am having our Network guy review port access, in case something's gone wrong on our WAN - I'm hoping it's this, as at the moment we're fresh out of any other ideas!

Regards
    John

John Maguire
    Arsenal Football Club

• 6.  RE: Switchover issues, lost configuration

Posted 12-19-2018 09:48
    Check the switchover log and switchoverfilemonitor log on both CIC servers. Really the stuff you want to look at is on the backup server for both logs but it never hurts to check both places.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 7.  RE: Switchover issues, lost configuration

Posted 12-19-2018 12:15
    Make sure the following ports are open in both directions:
    TCP     5597
    TCP     6235
    TCP     2633
    TCP     3633
    UDP     8888

That's all related to switchover traffic

Ruud Reinold

Telecom Service Manager
    CapQuest Debt Recovery Ltd.
    Seeking new opportunities due to redundancy in January 2019.

• 8.  RE: Switchover issues, lost configuration

Posted 05-08-2020 09:56
    Hi,

Were you able to resolve this issue?  Iam having the same problem, every 8 minutes, it get the 11500 error in envent viewerGenesys is stating that there is an issue on our network.  In switchover CP, i see message :  unable to compare backup and  primary versions , yellow triangle.

Any help is appreciated.

Alfredo

Alfredo Iturralde
    Travelclick, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources