PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Can Campaign Server be load Balanced ?Can we have multiple campaign server in same site?

• 1.  Can Campaign Server be load Balanced ?Can we have multiple campaign server in same site?

Posted 08-07-2019 09:13

Hi Team,

I have looked into document regarding the Failover and Load Balancing support of Campaign server.  I have found PureConnect Campaign server supports only Failover which is Active - Backup mode.

Can anyone please confirm . Can I load balance the calling list or campaign to multiple Campaign server?

Regards,
    Divya Prabhu

#Outbound

------------------------------
    Divya Prabhu
    Accenture India

• 2.  RE: Can Campaign Server be load Balanced ?Can we have multiple campaign server in same site?

Posted 08-07-2019 10:31
    Divya,

The Central Campaign Server (CCS) can only be configured as an active/backup setup. Due to how the server works you can only have one active at a time as it keeps track of what contacts have been pulled into cache and what not. You can have multiple outbound dialer server (ODS) set up on CIC servers to increase throughput of your dialing activities assuming that is what you are trying to do. Years ago I supported a customer who had 5 ODS servers connected to a single CCS server, this customer was pushing out around 200 calls per second and the single CCS server handled the throughput no problem.

Can I ask why you are looking to setup 2 active CCS servers, what are you trying to solve for?

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources