PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Customizing Wrap-Up code interface + PopUp

Posted 03-13-2020 05:30
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone here successfully manipulated, or even just written a post-interaction Wrap-Up solution where multiple Wrap-Up codes can be selected.

I have been trying to do this, and so far I have achieved the following:
    • Written a Handler that will gather the correct Wrap-Up codes defined in IA. 
    • Created a Handler that can pop up a webpage at any time DURING an interaction
    • Created a frontend that can query and receive the Wrap-Up codes specified for the Workgroup, is multiselectable and then when Submitted, writes all the data to a DB, including the information about the customer. 

The PROBLEM

• When I Disconnect an Interaction, the POPup function will not work anymore. Which in a way makes sense.
    • Because of this not working the whole thing arround it does not make sense anymore.  E.g if I can't pop my webpage using the data about the call being disconnected, the solution is dead!

THOUGHTS and QUESTIONS
    • I have thought about just disabling the Disconnect button and creating a Custom Disconnect Button that will create a popup before actually disconnecting the interaction.
      • I am just afraid that this might damage something.
      • If I create such a button that Activates a custom Handler to pop a webpage and then end with a "Disconnect Interaction" toolstep, with that set in motion the exact same scenario as when just pressing the original Disconnect button? 
    • I have thought about doing the whole thing using ICWS, but this a lot more work for me, since I am not familiar enough with it and have limited time for dev. 

What are your thoughts on this?   Or if you have developed something like what I am trying to Achieve, I would love to hear from you!
    #Handlers
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 2.  RE: Customizing Wrap-Up code interface + PopUp

Posted 03-13-2020 09:37
    ICWS is probably the least complex solution. 
    I understand that there is learning curve, but trying to build client side applications with handlers will probably lead to a bunch of dead ends.
    You can:
    • Listen to the user queue for connect/disconnect.
    • Gather available wrap codes.
    • Build logic around wrap code presentation.
    • Send Wrap data to the appropriate DB (custom is probably best)
    Once you get over the hump of connecting and listening, ICWS becomes much more intuitive.

Tim

Tim Cannon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources