PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Transfer from chatbot to agents (ICELib)

• 1.  Transfer from chatbot to agents (ICELib)

Posted 11-12-2019 12:54
    Hi,

I've been looking at the chatbot sample here: GenesysPureConnect/ChatBot.

If I need to transfer to chat interaction to an agent queue, how would I proceed?

Shoud I call chatInteraction.BlindTransfer() ?  Not sure that "blind-transfer" is the appropriate operation for a chat.

Thank
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Jean-Philippe Gariepy
    Nu Echo

• 2.  RE: Transfer from chatbot to agents (ICELib)

GENESYS
    Posted 11-13-2019 08:13
    Please refer to our widgets plugin configuration documentation for instructions on which properties to set for each of the bot providers we support.

Also we do not support chatbots currently with IceLib. Chatbots are only supported currently in ICWS and with Interaction Connect.

Andy Kauffman
    Genesys - Employees
    Director of Development - PureConnect Web Applications

• 3.  RE: Transfer from chatbot to agents (ICELib)

Posted 11-13-2019 12:04
    The chatbot sample mentioned above does use IceLib.  I gathered it's just a proof of concept but I was wondering how one could transfer the chat interaction to an agent queue if the chatbot decided so. I'm also interested in the ICWS equivalent, i.e., how to transfer the chat interaction to a queue. I guess I would know how to map an ICWS operation back to an IceLib operation.

Note: I don't think the widget is involved in any way in this scenario.

Jean-Philippe Gariepy
    Nu Echo

• 4.  RE: Transfer from chatbot to agents (ICELib)

Posted 11-14-2019 04:01
    Edited by Egill Pálsson 11-14-2019 04:49
    I am also currently in the same situation with doing this, and we have found a way to actually transfer the chat, but not the chat history.

I am not a programmer :) But from what I gather, you should be able to start the chat by using:
    http://webservername/I3root/Server1/websvcs/chat/start
    Using a payload of what is described in the documentation, I think basically all of the info you need can be found in this Documentation.
    https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedprojects/wh_tr/mergedProjects/wh_tr_web_tools/desktop/start_a_chat.htm

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 5.  RE: Transfer from chatbot to agents (ICELib)

Posted 11-14-2019 08:21
    Góðan daginn Egill,

What you describe is the mechanism to create the chat interaction through WebProcessor and that's what I expect to use to create a chat session. But what I need is a way to transfer the chat interaction from the chatbot side (IceLib or ICWS) and not from the client side (WebProcessor).

I guess I will also need a way to forward the chat history as well. If you find the answer, let me know.

Jean-Philippe Gariepy
    Nu Echo

• 6.  RE: Transfer from chatbot to agents (ICELib)

Posted 11-14-2019 09:39
    Hi,

Well what I was describing is actually how we send an interaction from a 3rd party chatbot over to PureConnect :) And this works perfectly.  maybe I am misunderstanding something in how you are trying to do it.

I would also very much to hear from you if you get answers to your question ;)

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 7.  RE: Transfer from chatbot to agents (ICELib)

Posted 11-14-2019 10:44
    I think we're not using the WebProcessor for the same purposes.

Here's what I'm attempting to do:

1- Customer clicks on the "Chat now" buttons
    2- Chat widget invokes "start chat" operation on WebProcessor (to simplify the WebProcessorBridge is not shown)
    3- WebProcessor creates the chat interaction
    4- WebProcessor places the interaction on some queue
    5- The ChatBot, which previously subscribed to the queue (IceLib), got notified of a new chat interaction on the queue.
    6- Chat bot send some text ("how can I help you")
    7- WebProcessor is notified of new text in the chat interaction
    8- WebProcessor sends the text back to widget (widget is polling through the "poll" action of the WebProcessor)

The conversation between customer and agent then continues. I'm not showing the details of how the text is sent from the widget to the Chat Interaction and how the ChatBot is notified of Customer answers.

At some point, the ChatBot decides to sent the chat interaction to an agent.

9- ChatBot transfers the chat interaction to a queue (IceLib)
    10- Agent receives the chat interaction in Interaction Connect

My problem is that I'm not sure which IceLib function I should use at step 9.

Jean-Philippe Gariepy
    Nu Echo

• 8.  RE: Transfer from chatbot to agents (ICELib)

Posted 11-14-2019 10:56
    Ahhh ok, I understand what you are doing now :)

Then my question becomes, why can't you just trigger a Handler to do the transfer of the interaction?

Sorry if this is not very helpful, or if I am not understanding this correctly, I am assuming Handlers are also used for the Queueing and ACD logic,
    I am not a big Icelib guy, but I love them Handlers :)

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 9.  RE: Transfer from chatbot to agents (ICELib)

Posted 11-14-2019 11:26
    I guess I could do that. Still, how the chatbot would "trigger" the handler is not clear to me. By sending an event to CIC?

Jean-Philippe Gariepy
    Nu Echo

• 10.  RE: Transfer from chatbot to agents (ICELib)

Posted 11-14-2019 11:53
    You can use a Custom Event Notification (which you can send from ICELib) to trigger a Handler.

• 11.  RE: Transfer from chatbot to agents (ICELib)

Posted 11-14-2019 13:17
    Not sure how or where this would be done, but Custom Notifications would be the way to go. The Handler would then have to be created with the custom notification initiator and listen for your trigger. But I must admit I am not sure where to get the information CallId for the interaction to be transfered

https://help.genesys.com/developer/cic/docs/icelib/webhelp/html/a0c3b9db-4d35-c960-7190-9be331ce681b.htm

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources