PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Is there a way to connect a client to the non primary server (in a switch over environment) ?

Posted 12-09-2019 13:47
    ​Is there a way to connect a client to the non primary server (in a switch over environment) ?
    We experience packet loss when we are on a particular server. We would like to test the secondary server before making a transfer back to this server.
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Stephane Dumont
    Hydro Quebec

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to connect a client to the non primary server (in a switch over environment) ?

Posted 12-09-2019 14:24
    Edited by William Chávez 12-09-2019 17:32
    Hi Stephane:

You can do that by specifying the secondary CIC name or its IP address, in the PureConnect SIP Soft Phone application interface when you provision your extension.
    Or/And using the Interaction Desktop client  or Interaction Scripter client by specifying the IP address or the name of the secondary CIC Server in the "Server" field in their respective login interfaces.
    But confirm with Genesys if the backup server is in passive mode, I remember that switchover architecture is active-passive, so the backup server only serves to your purpose if you switchover them by manual only or auto-switched modes. Recommend you this reference: https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/automated_switchover_system_tr.pdf
    Genesys remove preview
    View this on Genesys >

If you are experimenting packet loss I recommend you to check your network requirements and network devices configurations.

Hope that helps you.

William Martín Chávez González
    Global Networks Solutions S.A.

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to connect a client to the non primary server (in a switch over environment) ?

Posted 12-09-2019 14:50
    Thank you for your helps
    ​If I use the IP address of the secondary server my client interaction desktop still connects to the active server.  My goal is to validate the path (firewall, router, etc...) to the secondary server.  especially for the interaction desktop client.
    Stephane.

Stephane Dumont
    Hydro Quebec

• 4.  RE: Is there a way to connect a client to the non primary server (in a switch over environment) ?

Posted 12-10-2019 09:59
    Stephane,

As you have discovered all client side applications will only ever connect to the primary CIC server. You can get some of the management applications to connect to the backup server but you have to be logged in locally to the backup CIC server. The IC System Manager and Interaction Administrator can both be launched on localhost. Of course this won't help you as it sounds like you are trying to test between the user endpoint and the server.

You are going to have to set up packet captures along the network route between the 2 endpoints to figure out where the packets are getting dropped.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 5.  RE: Is there a way to connect a client to the non primary server (in a switch over environment) ?

Posted 12-10-2019 10:22
    Thank you Mark, I wish I could do it on the secondary server to avoided testing all the protocols and ports used... So I am going to use some network tools as you mentioned.

Stephane Dumont
    Hydro Quebec

• 6.  RE: Is there a way to connect a client to the non primary server (in a switch over environment) ?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-09-2019 16:16
    Hi Stephanie,

As you have seen, when both servers in the pair are up, connecting to the backup from any of the client applications to the backup causes the system to "self-heal" and it will automatically connect to the Primary.

Obviously, you can use general network troubleshooting techniques (Wireshark, Ping etc.) but I am not aware of a method of making any client application connect to the backup.

Sorry

• 7.  RE: Is there a way to connect a client to the non primary server (in a switch over environment) ?

Posted 12-09-2019 17:43
    Thank you Paul for your explanations of the "self-heal"concept.
    I did not know that.

Best regards.

William Martín Chávez González
    Global Networks Solutions S.A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources