PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Retention Policy of Reports in ICBM

Posted 08-18-2021 09:27
    Hello everybody,

I have this request wherein the requestor is asking if its possible to retrieve reports in the ICBM from 2 years ago or more? It is possible to see the configuration in the Interaction Administrator?

Thank you!
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Anjelo Brian De Jesus
    Emerson Climate Technologies, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Retention Policy of Reports in ICBM

GENESYS
    Posted 08-19-2021 09:27
    Anjelo - 

I assume you're referring to the historical data displayed in the reports, and not the literal report files themselves.  The historical data retention period for the most common database tables can be found on the Retention tab of the Report Log configuration dialog in Interaction Administrator.  IA -> System Configuration -> Report Logs -> [DBL Click report log in question] -> Retention tab.  By default, all report logs will retain data for 400 days.  

• 3.  RE: Retention Policy of Reports in ICBM

Posted 08-19-2021 10:09
    Hi Sir Trent,

That is correct. I am talking about the data and not the report itself. Thank you for the detailed explanation. I finally found it. Some reports have the default configuration and some are not. Is it possible to recover any data that surpassed the retention period?

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Anjelo Brian De Jesus
    Emerson Climate Technologies, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Retention Policy of Reports in ICBM

GENESYS
    Posted 08-19-2021 11:30
    If the data has been truly deleted, it cannot be recovered via any tools in PureConnect.  What happens, is that every night a DELETE FROM statement is sent to the DB at a time of day configured in Interaction Administrator, for the number of days set on the Report Logs.  If the DELETE FROM statement is successfully processed by the database, it is removed.  If that has happened, it would take a DB backup restoration to retrieve the data.

However, deleting over a years worth of data (when a report log is set to retain for 400 days) may cause a DB timeout.  If this happens the data is not deleted, and a .ERR file is created to be reprocessed via PMQ later.  So you may have gotten lucky for report log deletes where this happened.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources