PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Disconnected [Local Disconnect]

Posted 08-14-2019 07:19
    ​Hi All,
    I have a user complaining regarding a dropped call .
    in the log files i found the information
    Disconnected [Local Disconnect],Eic_State=I}

I would say Agent has ended the call, but Agent told he did not.
    Any ideas or examples what Disconnected [Local Disconnect],Eic_State=I} can stand for ?
    best regards
    Horst
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Horst Eppich
    Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH

• 2.  RE: Disconnected [Local Disconnect]

Posted 08-14-2019 09:40
    Local disconnect can mean a few different things from my observations:

• The agent clicked disconnect
    • Someone else with access to view the agents queue or the queue the workgroup call was in that also had access to disconnect interactions on those queues disconnected it.
    • The station call disconnected (the station lost connectivity or had a technical issue)
    • IC itself disconnected the call due to a process.

So basically, any disconnect that originates inside of PureConnect will generally cause a Local Disconnect.  Whereas anything external that kills the inbound call will show remote disconnect (caller hangs up, carrier issues, etc).  I couldn't find a better technical document for this in the knowledge base other than some very minimal disposition info.

Our environment is trunked to a Cisco environment and we use remote numbers for all of our agents, which adds an extra degree of complexity to determining where things were actually disconnected.  If you want to see if the agent disconnected the interaction, look at their client logs for the disconnect action.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Disconnected [Local Disconnect]

Posted 08-14-2019 10:47
    To lay on top of what Aaron said there is actually a 3rd disposition called local hangup. The difference here is if the phone kills the connection it will show as local hangup where if the call is disconnected from within CIC it will show local disconnect. Since you are seeing local disconnect we can tell that the disconnect is coming from somewhere within the CIC server itself. Here is a list of the different values of Eic_State, as you can see I indicates an internally disconnected interaction https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_tr/mergedProjects/wh_tr_attributes/desktop/eic_state.htm 

You should be able to see why the interaction was disconnected but you are going to have to dig through multiple logs and chances are if some of them were not turned up you will not be able to see everything. You should be able to follow the disconnect request backwards from TSServer which will probably involve Notifier and then IP or Session Manager.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 4.  RE: Disconnected [Local Disconnect]

Posted 08-15-2019 04:10
    Hi
    thanks for the URL​, that is a good information
    Best regards
    Horst

Horst Eppich

• 5.  RE: Disconnected [Local Disconnect]

Posted 08-15-2019 03:14
    Hi

that is more or less what i thought​,

it happens only one time.  Even if 1 call for a sales Team might be important the options to investigate are extrem
    we use globally Microsoft Skpe as "Telephone device" in combination with SBC Gateways and in some locations there still some legacy PBX
    for all Business request where we can not use Skype we implement the Pureconnect (IVR, CTI Integration, ACD, Reporting, switchboard solution and so on..)

Thanks for the good information
    Horst

Horst Eppich

• 6.  RE: Disconnected [Local Disconnect]

Posted 08-14-2019 11:39
    Is this a one-off and they are being difficult, or is it ongoing?

I only ask because if it's a one-off, you will probably never know. As Mark said, it's possible that the required evidence isn't in the logs at the default logging level.

Of course, if it's an ongoing issue, you can to turn up the logs in order to investigate further.......

• 7.  RE: Disconnected [Local Disconnect]

Posted 08-19-2019 12:14
    Are you using screenrecorder?  We've caught agent's complaining of "disconnects" using SR and finding the agents are clicking disco and then trying to pretend they "lost" the call

Craig Reiners
    CITRIX SYSTEMS

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources