Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Callback caller ID

Posted 03-11-2020 17:34
    Hello,

I have implemented the Callback feature in some of our queues and would like to manage the number that displays for the customer when we call back. Right now when I test it comes through my phone as "potential spam". Is there a way to set a default number on the outbound call?
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Outbound
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

• 2.  RE: Callback caller ID

Posted 03-12-2020 14:53
    Pretty sure you would set this up on the queue as the caller ID display, and/or on the external trunk with the Address and Address Override Method.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 3.  RE: Callback caller ID

Posted 03-03-2021 09:31

Hello Julie 

Mind if i ask if you managed to solve this issue?

Mariano Martinez
    Interaxa S.A.

• 4.  RE: Callback caller ID

Posted 03-03-2021 09:38
    Hello Mariano,

I was told it actually has to do with the phone carriers and we would have to work with them to get the number registered or unblocked. I will say since then we haven't been getting this feedback so perhaps something has fixed? We didn't reach out to any carriers.

Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

• 5.  RE: Callback caller ID

Posted 03-03-2021 10:03

Thanks Julie for your quick and kind response.

Apparently yes, it's something the carriers do and it has something to do with the e.164 protocol, but here in argentina it's not used and for callbacks it's driving me insane to do.

but thanks again and i hope you have a nice day.

Mariano Martinez
    Interaxa S.A.

• 6.  RE: Callback caller ID

Posted 10-21-2021 17:57
    Hi Julie,

We were having the same issue- we configured it in queues, set it up in the org, and still had "potential spam" and "spam risk" popping up from our queues and DID's. I came across this post on the resource center. All you have to do is email a list of your numbers to pcvoicetelcorequest@genesys.com with the name you want to display and they will register with the LIBD. See post:

Yes, there is. Let's start with an explanation of the problem. When configured to do so, Genesys Cloud Voice does indeed pass on both the Calling Name (company name) and the Calling Address (phone number) to display as the Caller ID. The reason that the Calling Name does not display consistently is that not all carriers support the display of the Calling Name unless it is in a Line Information Database (LIDB) database. LIDBs are managed by third-parties.

If you send a list of Genesys Cloud Voice US and Canada DID phone numbers and the Calling Name to be associated with each to pcvoicetelcorequest@genesys.com we will add that information to multiple LIDBs.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/faqs/i-have-configured-genesys-cloud-voice-to-display-our-company-name-and-phone-number-as-the-caller-id-however-in-some-cases-only-the-phone-number-appears-is-there-somet/ 

Naila Duffy
    AAA Washington

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources