PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Authentication Failed error message after Interaction Administrator Launch

Posted 10-29-2017 14:16
    Kindly I need you assistance to identify why the following issue is occurring : When open interaction administrator , I got the following error "Unable to authenticate and create a session , parts of interaction administrator will not function properly". Then , IA opens , but when trying to open interaction dialer container to see my campaigns or Scripts , i can't find it and got the following error "Can't Load items". From old threads I found this issue related to MS Security updates, so I uninstalled the last security updates but the issue still exists. Please find the attached screenshots for more clarification. Your urgently advise is highly appreciated. Best Regards Khaled Elsafty

• 2.  RE: Authentication Failed error message after Interaction Administrator Launch

Posted 03-29-2018 20:30
    Edited by Subhash Srivastava 03-29-2018 20:30
    Hi Khaled,

This error isn't related to security patches, it occurs due as certificates are not assigned properly for IC servers & other connected subsystems.
    I have faced similar issue during new installation in my environment & I could fix it by re-configuring certificates.

Please generate certificates again and assign trust them from IA again.

Regards,
    Subhash Srivastava

• 3.  RE: Authentication Failed error message after Interaction Administrator Launch

Posted 08-13-2019 12:50

Hi Subhash,
    i have faced this error when i am trying to open dialer from interaction administrator " can't load the item ".

Any ideas how to fix this error.

Thanks ,
    David

------------------------------
    David Maged
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 4.  RE: Authentication Failed error message after Interaction Administrator Launch

Posted 08-13-2019 21:04
    Hi David, 

Did you try updating the certificates ?

Also, if you are using OSSM server, please install Dialer Plugin for IC Session Manager Server.
    For more information, refer to : page #72 of Dialer Installation& Configuration guide

Regards,
    Subhash Srivastava

​

Subhash Srivastava
    Shinsei Bank, Limited

• 5.  RE: Authentication Failed error message after Interaction Administrator Launch

Posted 08-19-2019 15:53
    Hi David,

Has this ever worked? 

My first step would be to validate the UDL file, you can do this by expanding the Advance Interaction Dialer section, which is found under Interaction Dialer. Then click on the Database Connection and verify there is a UDL file there. If not, upload the UDL file and try again. 

If there is a UDL file listed, i would then run Test and ensure it successful. If it is not there could be a few different reasons for this, from my experiences it is one of the belows:

1 - UDL configuration: make sure the UDL has the correct SQL server, Username and password and the Password is stored and not blank.
    2 - ODBC Driver, make sure the ODBC driver referenced in the UDL file is installed to the correct version on  ODS, CCS and the local machine you are running IA from.
    3 - TLS setting, make sure TLS1.0 is enabled on all servers(ODS,CCS ,and SQL)

If the UDL File is successful, i would move into the I3 Logs and EventLogs to see why its not able to load it.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 6.  RE: Authentication Failed error message after Interaction Administrator Launch

Posted 08-13-2019 15:47
    Does this happen everywhere, or only on some Workstations?
    Is dialer working?

I would check the Server Parameter for Campaign Server and make sure it references the correct CCS. If not, change it and restart the IC Service.

The configuration for Dialer is stored on the CCS, so "Cannot Load Item" implies an issue with communication with the CCS.....

• 7.  RE: Authentication Failed error message after Interaction Administrator Launch

Posted 08-14-2019 10:36
    I think you may have 2 different issues here. The error about unable to create sessions can be caused by the (Rather old) windows update which changed security. This usually isn't an issue for customers anymore but I would check to make sure the correct windows updates are installed on both the application and the server. I think you also get that error if you try to load the recorder configuration. Looking at the Interaction Admin log on the local PC should give you more info as to what components are failing to load.

The dialer unable to load info usually indicates an issue between the ODS and the CCS. I would check to make sure the CIC server is actually communicating properly with the CCS.

Does this issue happen on all stations or just some? Also if you load IA on the CIC server do you have the same issues? If this issue only happens on some workstations chances are there is something different on these workstations from the ones that are working and you are going to have to compare the 2 PCs to find what is different.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 8.  RE: Authentication Failed error message after Interaction Administrator Launch

Posted 08-19-2019 14:39

I have seen this error often when there is a cert issue between the CCS and the ODS ... it is most likely a cert issue as outlined above but more specifically between your ODS/CSS server.  

2 scenderios I have seen this get triggered  MS Updates or PureConnect Updates

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS back up your certs before doing either ... I copy the Certificates and then rename the copy !KnownGoodCerts-DATE before ever doing any upgrading process. 

Make sure that your CCS server is communicating.  Review it's App viewer log.  Fix any cert issues between the two and then you should be golden, sometimes this process also hoses the local app certs so you may have to rename the local copy of the certs (workstation) and let it regen/cache the correct certs

Craig Reiners
    CITRIX SYSTEMS

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources