Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Inbound Call Flow Time Check

Posted 08-13-2019 15:55
    We have an inbound call flow that that allows callers to select which department they want. 

The flow is on a schedule to allow calls between the times of 8 am to 6 pm eastern time.

In this flow there is a department that is only open from 8 am to 5 pm so a time checker was put in the flow so that if a caller takes the option for that department between 5 and 6, they get a message that the department is closed and to call back the next business day.

I need to replicate the time checker to use in other places but it is using commands that I'm not familiar with. Rather than blindly following the example, I would like to understand what the commands are doing. Please help me decipher what these commands are doing or point me towards the documentation

Would also like to understand what the Flow. commands are and what other things are available such as the callers phone number

the full text of the highlighted areas
    975 Uses a Catagory of Purecloud Data Actions and the Data Action is named GET EST Timeoffset
    976 AddMinutes(GetCurrentDateTimeUtc(),Task.Offset)
    977 Hour(Flow.TimeToday) >= 8 and Hour(Flow.TimeToday) < 17

What I think these are doing:
    975 is getting the difference in time between GMT and EST (currently -240 minutes)
    976 is taking the current GMT time and adding the Timeoffset
    977 is checking to see if the current hour time is before 8 or after 17 (5 pm)

Time Check Flow

Thanks

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Ben Marthin
    Vehicle Service Group, LLC

• 2.  RE: Inbound Call Flow Time Check

GENESYS
    Posted 08-13-2019 16:18
    Correct, except 977 is checking to see if the hour is after or equal to 8, and before 17.

User created variables have a scope indicating where they can be used.  Flow. indicates that the variable can be used anywhere in the flow.  If the variable was Task. then it could only be used in the current task.  Clicking on the variable name link opens a variable editor that shows you more information about the variable including allowing you to change the scope.  

Architect also has built-in variables for things like the caller's phone number.  See https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/architect-default-variables/

To learn about expressions (like AddMinutes), open expression help in Architect.  See https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/access-functions-help/

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources