PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dialer SMS Outbound Regular Expression

Posted 08-05-2020 13:33
    Hello Pure Connect community,

I have a regular expression question for the community.

In Interaction Administrator under SMS Configuration we find Outbound routing.  It is a first match and out routing table.  
    What I am looking for is an example of a Regular Expression that would be a match for the whole outbound number for a new SMS campaign.

For example I would want to match 171455551234 among the following

I have tried many calculators and the expressions that work online do not work in  the SMS configuration. 

I believe the wildcards of .* are causing an issue (everything is matching the first line)

This was setup before my time and support is calling it out of scope.   

Wade Ratzlaff

#Outbound
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Wade Ratzlaff
    Altamed Health Services Corp

• 2.  RE: Dialer SMS Outbound Regular Expression

Posted 08-05-2020 15:34
    Wade,

I just want to check that it isn't a typo in the question. Are you saying you want to drop the extra 5 in the number before matching to the list? If so, is it always one additional digit? If so, is it always a 5? Can this digit appear anywhere in the Dial string, or is it always in the Exchange part?

You are correct that ".*" is a full wildcard (The "." matches any single character, the "*" is interpreted as "zero or more of what came before", so ".*" will match a string of any length.

If you can provide a little more context, we may be able to help here.

• 3.  RE: Dialer SMS Outbound Regular Expression

Posted 08-05-2020 15:42
    Yes it was a typo. 

I am looking to send an sms out on a different TFN.  I have 10 sequential TFN's. 

With the wild card it is going out on the first choice.  so I would like to move my new TFN to the top of the list and have my new campaign go out that route. The problem is when I change the Regular expression it fails and goes out the 2nd choice. I am looking at logs now to see what is going on with that.  when I put the .* wildcard with the new TFN at the top of the list it goes out with the correct number.  Unfortunately so do the production campaigns.

Wade

Wade Ratzlaff

• 4.  RE: Dialer SMS Outbound Regular Expression

Posted 08-05-2020 16:28
    What wildcard are you using that doesn't work?
    I haven't done much with SMS, but you could try something like .*17145551231.* (I don't know if the broker has extra stuff before and after the number?)

• 5.  RE: Dialer SMS Outbound Regular Expression

Posted 08-05-2020 16:37
    So I gave it a try and the SMS still went out the second route.  I also changed it to a .* (first route) and it went out the first route.  A quick and dirty test to see if my account settings are good.

Wade 

Wade Ratzlaff

• 6.  RE: Dialer SMS Outbound Regular Expression

Posted 08-06-2020 13:06
    Hi Wade,

I would try to re-defined your outbound routing as i am not sure why you have so many .* entries configured. Try and create a new one and place first in your list, have it configured like below:

Type: DNIS
    Regular Expression: .*
    Formatted number: $0
    broker: Genesys
    Account ID: <default>
    Access Control: Select the desired classification ** you must select at least one or sms will fail when trying to send.

If the above is not do able or does not work, i would try having the regular expression of [1][7][1][4][5][5][5][1][2][3][1] 

Thank you,

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources