Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Apply Limitations to Transfers

• 1.  Apply Limitations to Transfers

Posted 09-16-2021 18:23
    Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to apply some limitations to interaction transfers.
    The goal is to limit a group of to transfers interactions to only certain people/queues.

I am thinking about using divisions but wondering if there is another solution such as permissions.

Does anyone has a suggestion about this?
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #DigitalChannels
    #Implementation
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Louis D.

• 2.  RE: Apply Limitations to Transfers

Posted 09-18-2021 01:54
    Currently, limiting transfers between divisions is the only way I know.  You could use a transfer button on a script but I don't think you can remove the transfer button in the ribbon.  I know this has several ideas on the Aha site and on the PM radar.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Apply Limitations to Transfers

GENESYS
    Posted 09-20-2021 08:25
    Hey guys - thanks for adding the discussion to the community and Robert, thanks as always for providing some great feedback.  I did want you to know that PM is exploring our options on this.  At this point, I'm thinking a new series of permissions would be needed to implement this.  The issue, isn't so much creating the new permissions, but all the work it takes to make this happen in our agent UI and embedded frameworks.  Its really just something we'll need to get prioritized but I don't have a line of sight on it currently.

Here's what I'm thinking the set of permissions would look like:
      Blind Transfer Consult Transfer All Transfers
    Permission N N Y
    User Y Y Y
    Queue Y Y Y
    External Y Y Y

Happy to answer any questions around this but wanted to at least acknowledge we understand the need any will look to get this into the queue.

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 4.  RE: Apply Limitations to Transfers

Posted 09-20-2021 10:03
    While this looks like it covers most of the requirements, we see out there, it looks like a UI and documentation nightmare.  I can see people wanting this for particular groups of people and having varying forms of targets for each user.  I would think this is one of those crawl, walk, run things.  This will have to be at a role or customer level to be effective.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: Apply Limitations to Transfers

GENESYS
    Posted 09-21-2021 10:05
    Totally agree with your feedback, Robert.  Candidly, this is a bit of a Pandora's box and I'm reluctant to even go down this path - but recognize what customers are asking for.

The plan would be to control this with permissions and yes, you could create or adjust user roles to address this.

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 6.  RE: Apply Limitations to Transfers

Posted 09-20-2021 11:39
    Thank you for confirming. We tried to use divisions but agents are still able to transfer to queues/users in other divisions, so it does not seem to solve our situation.
    I believe there is a feature coming on October 6 so we'll see if that work for our purposes.

Louis D.

• 7.  RE: Apply Limitations to Transfers

GENESYS
    Posted 09-21-2021 08:50
    Hi Louis

Could you expand a little more about the problem this creates? A little more detail on the underlying problem would be good for our understanding. 

Cheers

Cameron Smith
    VP, Product Management - Workforce Engagement Management

cameron.smith@genesys.com

• 8.  RE: Apply Limitations to Transfers

Posted 09-21-2021 09:04
    Hi Cameron,

We are trying to cover instances when agents would transfer to queues/users that they should not to. There is a behavioral aspect to it, but we would also want to be covered when it happens. That's why limiting having the ability to limit the transfers for some users, or giving them only one queue to transfer to could be a solution.

Louis D.

• 9.  RE: Apply Limitations to Transfers

GENESYS
    Posted 09-21-2021 09:24
    Thanks Louis, 

So to frame the requirement its more about making sure users have a discreate list of transfer locations not all transfer locations? Would this be defined as large groups of users like billing employees can only transfer to sales, support or service but not complaints?

Cameron Smith
    VP, Product Management - Workforce Engagement Management

cameron.smith@genesys.com

• 10.  RE: Apply Limitations to Transfers

Posted 09-21-2021 09:49
    In our case, that would be customer support agents cannot transfer to sales queues, or users in general so that we don't have interactions transferred to random users, or even to different media types queues.

Louis D.

• 11.  RE: Apply Limitations to Transfers

Posted 09-25-2021 01:30
    Edited by Patrick Rada 09-25-2021 01:31
    There isn't much you can do about transferring to individual users.  However, if your queue naming convention allows you to determine that a call from queue A can or cannot be transferred to queue B, you could store and retrieve participant data and interrogate whether or not a call belongs in queue B before any other actions.  Your range of outcomes would be limited, but you might be able to quickly transfer the call back to queue A.

As long as you have auto answer off, that could happen quickly enough to prevent an agent from being able to answer the interaction.

Not perfect, but that'd require "Routing > Queue > View" and/or "Routing > Queue > Search" to be division aware.  But, alas, they aren't.

Personal opinion:  If you don't have access to a division, you shouldn't be able to see its queues.  No?

Patrick Rada

• 12.  RE: Apply Limitations to Transfers

GENESYS
    Posted 09-27-2021 10:15
    All - First, this is a great discussion.  I've actually enjoyed reading it (call me a nerd, but tracking transfers is something near and dear to my heart).  We've had numerous customers come to us looking for a solution to this, and the conversation is almost always the same: 

How can we limit transfers by permission? 
    We can't? 
    Ok, can we create a custom script? 
    We can? 
    Oh, but the transfer button will still remain in the call control ribbon? 
    Ok, can we at least report on who is transferring interactions, where they are coming from, where they are going, what type of transfer it is?

It's this last part that we have keyed in on here.  Below is a report that we have created for a customer and will be adding to our Avtex Insights solution.  While it doesn't STOP agents from making transfers, it does show all sorts of analytics surrounding the transfer.  Per some comments above, it will allow a discussion to be had with the agent on behaviors.​​​

Thanks,
    Trent.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources