PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  nAnsweredACD behaviour

Posted 08-21-2019 02:55
    Hi all,

In the DQStatistics table there is a field called nAnsweredACD.

I have the following scenario:
    Customer calls and is placed into QueueA.
    AgentA answers the call and finds that customer needs to speak to someone in QueueB.
    AgentA transfers the call to QueueB.
    Customer waits and the calls is answered by AgentB.
    AgentB resolves customer enquiry and call is completed.

In the above scenario, would nAnsweredACD record a 1 for QueueA and a 1 for QueueB (a total of 2 answered calls when we SUM nAnsweredACD)?

The data dictionary has this definition:
    Number of ACD related queue interactions that were answered by agents that were members of this queue. Answered interactions are interactions that reached a 'Client_Connected' state with an agent. An interaction is only counted as answered once relative to this queue assignment. If the interaction is transferred to another agent within the same distribution queue and is answered by another agent, it is still only counted once. 

However I don't find the meaning of this to be very clear to me. Is transferring to QueueB considered to be within the same distribution queue?
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Jayden Bradow
    Service Performance Analyst
    Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

• 2.  RE: nAnsweredACD behaviour

Posted 08-21-2019 10:11
    Jayden,

As I understand it that interaction would count as answered in both Queue A and Queue B even though it was 1 physical interaction. Based on the definition from the data dictionary we know that the example call would have reached Client_Connected state in both queues so it should count it twice. I believe distribution queue is just a fancy name for an ACD queue. Each Queue would be considered its own distribution queue.

Taking this one step further understand that this call entered 2 queues as well as it would have incremented the entered counter by 1 for both queues as well.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: nAnsweredACD behaviour

Posted 08-21-2019 18:45
    Hi Mark,

Thank you for your comment. I suspected this would be the case and I assume that if AgentA was to have transferred the call back into QueueA instead of QueueB then it would then not add an additional nAnsweredACD stat as it was tranferred within the same queue?

Jayden Bradow

• 4.  RE: nAnsweredACD behaviour

Posted 08-23-2019 09:43
    Jayden,

This is a tough one to answer but I'm pretty sure if agent A transfers the call back into the same queue for which the call was originally delivered you would still see an additional nEteredACD and nAnsweredACD (assuming it was answered). The reason for this is because the call would be answered in queue and when it is transferred back into the queue ACD processing is reinitialized so it would increment the counters again. I would suggest you test this in a non-prod environment to see what happens.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 5.  RE: nAnsweredACD behaviour

Posted 08-25-2019 22:02
    Hi Mark,

This part of the description led me to the assumption that it would not be counted twice - "An interaction is only counted as answered once relative to this queue assignment. If the interaction is transferred to another agent within the same distribution queue and is answered by another agent, it is still only counted once."

However I think you are correct in that it is best to test this and see what the outcome is to be sure.

Jayden Bradow

• 6.  RE: nAnsweredACD behaviour

Posted 08-26-2019 10:28
    Jayden,

I think this happens if the first agent doesn't answer the ACD call, for instance you don't have auto answer enabled on the agent(s) so the call rolls over to another ACD agent, or maybe there was a problem getting the call to the first agent and they flip to ACD - Agent not answering. In this scenario the call only entered the queue once but alerted multiple agents.

In our scenario the call enters the queue, initiates ACD processing, is answered by the first agent and then transferred back into the queue. This should reinitialize ACD processing on the interaction so the call "enters" the queue a second time. Obviously this is how the system worked a long time ago and I have not tested the reporting impacts of an agent transferring the call back into the ACD queue for which it was originally answered as I would suspect this scenario would be extremely rare. It's probably best to test the behavior and see how the call reports.

Out of curiosity why would the agent transfer the call back into the same queue after answering the call?

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

• 7.  RE: nAnsweredACD behaviour

Posted 08-26-2019 18:13
    Hi Mark,

Out of curiosity why would the agent transfer the call back into the same queue after answering the call?
    I'm not sure on the details as to why I have seen this occurring in the data I am looking at however I have assumed the agent did not have the required training to handle the call.
    At previous workplaces I have seen new staff still in training put onto phones to embed their new skills however they have not been trained in all of skills required for that queue at that time. Not ideal imo but I have seen this happen on more than 1 occasion.

Jayden Bradow

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources