PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Assistance Request

Posted 07-22-2019 15:07
    We are trying to implement the "Assistance" button for agent to request assistance from supervisors.  We have given the agents client rights to see the button and to request assistance.  However, when the assistance is requested, the designated supervisors do not see the request in ICBM.  Are there license/entitlement requirements that are required for the supervisor?
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Tim Cannon
    Elevate Credit Services, LLC

• 2.  RE: Assistance Request

Posted 07-23-2019 09:46
    Tim,

To confirm you have the supervisors defined in the workgroup in the Roles/Supervisor tab under the Supervisors list? Then in ICBM logged in as a user who is designed as a supervisor they should be able to go to the tools menu and click on View assistance requests. Do you see the requests in the box that pops up? To the best of my knowledge there isn't any extra rights or licenses to see assistance requests.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Assistance Request

Posted 07-23-2019 11:04
    Yep, those are the things i have checked an re-checked.

Agent1 is member of WGQueue1.
    Agent2 is member of the Supervisors in WGQueue1.

Agent1 has Assistance Button and can request assistance (security rights and access control).

Agent1 uses button to request assistance, enters a question in dialog and press the Request button.
    Agent2 opens the assistance request dialog an no requests are displayed.

Still looking for what I must have missed.....

Tim Cannon

• 4.  RE: Assistance Request

Posted 07-23-2019 11:55
    I think what you are missing is view access for the workgroup queue under access control.  I did a little playing around with test accounts and a workgroup in our dev environment and that was the one item that when removed would stop them from showing up for my test sup.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 5.  RE: Assistance Request

Posted 08-06-2019 11:19
    Just passing along our resolution (for what it's worth)....

Opened a ticket with Genesys, validated all levels of setup (workgroup assignments, entitlements, licensing).  Sent a bunch of logs that everyone reviewed, still found no reasons.  

We rebooted our servers after the monthly windows patch cycle, and viola!  Now it the assistance requests work as expected.  Still not sure what was hung up, but moving forward with procedure changes for agent assistance requests.

Tim Cannon

• 6.  RE: Assistance Request

Posted 08-07-2019 10:18
    Tim,

out of curiosity what version of CIC are you running? I'm also seeing some wonky behavior in 2018 R3 where things are not displaying correctly, like rights are cached incorrectly. This is worrisome since I thought all of these old issues were cleaned up after getting away from 4.0.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 7.  RE: Assistance Request

Posted 08-07-2019 16:51
    We are on 2017 R4, and thought the same thing.  It bugs me that there are untraceable errors that are fixed with a reboot.

Tim Cannon

• 8.  RE: Assistance Request

Posted 08-07-2019 17:24
    Tim,

Did you open a ticket with your VAR/Genesys. I would suspect they should be able to track this issue through the different subsystems to see what part is failing.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

• 9.  RE: Assistance Request

Posted 08-07-2019 17:42
    Yeah, we sent log to Genesys, they reviewed, escalated, asked for more logs, reviewed....  never reached a conclusion,.

We reboot once a month for Win patching, after the reboot, assistance requests work as expected.  

It seems that "something" happened to cause it to stop working, and we never found it.  Then the reboot reset everything.

Thanks,

Tim Cannon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources