PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Connect Slow Wrap-up

Posted 10-27-2020 12:15
    Hello, 

VERSION: 2020 R3

We are currently facing issues regarding putting wrap-up on call interactions when they finish. In some cases, the wrap-up window takes up to 10-12 seconds to pop up and in some cases, it's all good. In the worst-case scenario, it takes up to 50+ seconds before anything happens. 

What I have noticed is that the wrap-up gets triggered if you do anything to update the window in Interaction Connect. For example, if you are getting this problem you could get the wrap-up window by moving your mouse over the icons on the far bottom part of "My interactions" or by pressing a button in the window. 

It's very easy to reproduce this. In modern browsers, open "Developer tools" and then change the throttling profile to "Slow 3g". Make sure you have at least some views open in your interaction connect, some workgroup queues, etc. Make a call, pick it up, and then end the call. Do not move your cursor, this could trigger an update in the client to make the wrap-up reappear. 

This is to simulate slow, and high latency networks. The scenario is valid since many of our customers are working from home and do not have the greatest connection at all times.

What we also have noticed is that the more views you have in your agent window, the more common it is for this problem to occur. 

Why is this happening? On a bad and unstable network, that event should trigger and pop up in the wrap-up window.

Can anybody confirm that this is a common issue with the latest version of Interaction Connect?

Regards,
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Stavros Kalpaki
    Advania Sverige AB
    stavros.kalpaki@advania.com

• 2.  RE: Interaction Connect Slow Wrap-up

Posted 10-27-2020 13:38
    Is this Browser-specific?

Do other websites also display sluggish responses for the affected users?

• 3.  RE: Interaction Connect Slow Wrap-up

Posted 10-27-2020 13:58
    Hi Paul,

The browsers tested are Chrome and Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure of the exact versions of these but I know that it's the latest that is available. 

Other websites are working as intended, no sluggish behaviour for the users.

The behaviour is really odd. But from what I've observed it seems to be a bug related to the interaction connect code. Mostly because the wrap up is appearing after doing some sort of activity within interaction connect when the problem occurs.

Can you confirm if you are able to reproduce it by following my instructions? 

Have a great day,
    Regards,
    Stavros

Stavros Kalpaki
    Advania Sverige AB

• 4.  RE: Interaction Connect Slow Wrap-up

Posted 10-27-2020 17:08
    Good afternoon Mr. Kalpaki:

In Interaction Connect every action the user does pass through the ICWS  (https://help.genesys.com/developer/cic/docs/icws/webhelp/conceptualcontent/welcome.htm). Those ICWS HTTPS requests and responses logs could be checked inside the WebServer (IIS/Apache 2.4) logs, web server in which you decided to install and configure the CIC Web Applications. You can check both the HTTPS requests that was sent to ICWS and also its related HTTPS response codes (2xx, 3xx, 4xx, 5xx) sent by CIC Server. Those were very useful to us in order to do some troubleshooting tasks. And you can check the Interaction Connect logs (we can capture those from IConnect UI), as well (Those specially are very important).

I expect it helps to you.
    Best Regards,

William Martín Chávez González
    Systems Engineer
    Global Networks Solutions S.A.S.

• 5.  RE: Interaction Connect Slow Wrap-up

Posted 10-28-2020 06:06

Hello Mr. Chávez, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I've checked the logs and the ICWS request that is playing is messaging/subscriptions/interactions. When the wrap up is being slow, sending this request one more time makes the wrap-up pop-up. 

Checking the logs and comparing them to good ones, the request does not differ in any way. The request goes all the way through the ICWS into CIC Server.

Are you able to reproduce this scenario? 

Regards,
    Stavros

Stavros Kalpaki
    Advania Sverige AB

• 6.  RE: Interaction Connect Slow Wrap-up

Posted 10-28-2020 11:18

Hello again, 

I'm bumping this since it's a pretty serious issue.

Please try to reproduce this issue and get back to me.

Have a nice evening.
    Regards,
    Stavros

Stavros Kalpaki
    Advania Sverige AB

• 7.  RE: Interaction Connect Slow Wrap-up

Posted 10-28-2020 12:57
    Stavros,

I recommend you contact Genesys Support and open a ticket for this issue - especially if it is urgent.

You pay for support, make them earn their money! ;-)

• 8.  RE: Interaction Connect Slow Wrap-up

Posted 10-29-2020 02:55
    Hey Paul!

From what I've heard from my team there is already a ticket open to Genesys for this issue. 

The purpose of this post is to see if the community is experiencing similar issues! I would love to have a session where I show this issue to anyone that is interested. The reason for the bump is that more people in the community have a chance to find this issue and react to it.

I'm sorry if I'm repetitive but that's why I keep asking if anyone is able to reproduce this by following my instructions in my first post. The versions need to be correct, and there have to be some views open in the client Phonebook workgroups 3x etc... , and the throttling profile must be set to "Slow 3g", and it's very important not to move the cursor after disconnecting the call. 

Don't hesitate to send me a mail about this issue. 

Have a good one.
    Regards,
    Stavros

Stavros Kalpaki
    Advania Sverige AB

• 9.  RE: Interaction Connect Slow Wrap-up

Posted 10-28-2020 11:55
    Edited by William Chávez 10-28-2020 11:57
    Good morning Mr. Kalpaki:

I think you could also check the following discussion in order to get more recent information about best practices, pain points and lessons learned when customers have decided to use Interaction Connect: https://community.genesys.com/digestviewer29/viewthread?GroupId=55&MessageKey=b445a553-9e95-4700-b361-c4c0ae6b3787&CommunityKey=cf214c8f-5206-4010-9b2c-2085cbd65a44&tab=digestviewer  

Unfortunatelly, I am not able to reproduce your issue, but I can tell you that in the experience I had in the past, for troubleshooting purposes, or in order to solve them by yourself, or with the Genesys Customer Care Team, you need to trace the following logs:
    • Dialerserver to Notes
    • CampaignServer to Notes
    • acdserver to Notes with Subtopic Selection to Notes
    • ip to Notes
    • Tsserver to Notes
    • Notifier to Notes
    • sessionmanager to Notes. Those specially were very important. 
    • clientServices to Notes
    • Export the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Interactive Intelligence
    • Call Ids. Those specially were very important. 
    • httpPluginHost to Verbose. Those specially were very important. 
    • Video Reproduction of the issue.
    • Fiddler Capture during the issue reproduction.
    • Interaction Connect logs (we can capture this from IConnect UI). Those specially were very important. 
    Always be sure that the network performance (delay, jitter, etc.) is well to support  your operation by using Interaction Connect, as well. And please, do not implement Reverse Proxies in front of Interaction Connect, please check the notes in the following guide: https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/cic_web_applications_icg.pdf  

Finally, I recommend you to create a case in Genesys Support with the priority you consider and provide the logs that I mentioned before. The Genesys Customer Care Team (in the Genesys Support Portal) is the team that could help you to solve this type of critical issues. 

I expect that what I said can be useful for you.

Cordially yours,

William Martín Chávez González
    Systems Engineer
    Global Networks Solutions S.A.S.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources