PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Optimizer Forecast & Schedules Issue

Posted 08-21-2019 12:18
    Hi All! I need some help with the following dilema:

I am currently using: IC Business Manager Pure Connect CIC 2018 R2 Patch 15.

In Optimizer I created a new scheduling unit with using 45 seconds average speed of answer (I removed the the other service levels as a factor from the calculation)

I created new shifts, then I ran a forecast with 1 week of historical data, and I then ran a schedule with that 1 week of historical data forecast.

The schedule had some potential improvements to change lunch and breaks and shift starts. 

I went ahead and changed the agent's shifts and adjusted lunch & break times, raother schedule with the new shifts but with THE SAME FORECAST I used to run the previous schedule, but the "forecasted agent needed" value per 15min interval changed vs the original schedule.

Example: 1st schedule for Tuesday 11:30am, it said forecasted agents needed: 46, and the 2nd schedule it says forecasted agents needed on Tuesday at 11:30am: 66… we don't understand how we need 20 more agents if the call volume hasn't changed (same forecast) and all I changed was the shifts times, plus the same amount of agents are still available at 11:30am for both schedule.

If anyone could help me understand how the calculations work when it comes to creating schedules using a forecast in optimizer would be aweosme!

Thank you!
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Tommy
    Luxottica Retail North America, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Optimizer Forecast & Schedules Issue

GENESYS
    Posted 08-22-2019 11:59
    Hi Tommy,  Its hard to know for sure without a lot of digging, but the first thing I would check is the "skilling" of the agents.  If you assed a bunch of workgroups or even increased your pool of agents, that can change the simulation results.  The other thing to make sure about is that you are not comparing "with" and "without" shrinkage numbers  (my eye sometimes does that still).

Daniel Rickwalder
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Optimizer Forecast & Schedules Issue

Posted 08-22-2019 12:08
    Thanks for responding. In both schedules I had the same amount of agents with the same skills (these weren't changed) - the only thing I changed was their start shift to be 15min - 30min earlier than before to have the system change the lunch and breaks based on "relative to shift start"

This is where I don't understand why the amount of agents I need for 1 schedule at 11:30am is 20 agents less than the 2nd schedule after just changing start times. 

Is there any way someone can connect with me to see what I have created?

Tommy
    Luxottica Retail North America, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Optimizer Forecast & Schedules Issue

GENESYS
    Posted 08-22-2019 14:25
    i sent you a DM

Daniel Rickwalder
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources